Finally a great adhesive for DIY and Professional use!

TernOverland

Supporting Sponsor Ternoverland.com
We have been working with our suppliers for almost a year now to bring in a high grade polyurethane adhesive: Silaprene SolidBond . This product is a great alternative to Sika 252, with a number of significant advantages. This stuff guns easily, even at low temperatures. In testing, I have gunned it easily down to 40 degrees. Try that with Sika! The soft creamy consistency is also easy to trowel or spread after gunning. There is no odor during use or after. The open working time is 40 minutes, and because the product is so easy to apply, the working time ends up even better. This adhesive is German manufactured, and is designed for use in the heavy truck and auto industry. The cured film boasts a very impressive 475 PSI tensile strength and 350% elongation before shear. Wet clean up is with hot soapy water. Cured removal requires mechanical separation. This stuff has all the qualities of a great professional adhesive, and the ease of use makes it especially good for any DIY project. It bonds to a wide variety of substrates without the need for primers in most cases. It can be used in interior and exterior applications. It has excellent weathering characteristics and is UV stable. It is not on our website yet, so for now email us for details. We will be getting our first stocking order in a few weeks. It will be on the website when it arrives. We will offer it in black and white, by the case or by the tube.

This product is perfect for composite panel construction and anywhere that high bond strength and extreme resistance to vibration and flexing are required. I've been using this product for a couple of years, and it has become my go-to adhesive for most uses.

Attachments

• SILAPRENE solid bond TDS.pdf
    232.4 KB · Views: 10
  • SILAPRENE SOLIDBOND MSDS.pdf
    436.2 KB · Views: 3

profdant139

Does it come in a hand-squeezed tube, like toothpaste? Often, I need just a small dab for a minor repair and do not want to deploy a caulking gun. It sounds as though it would be good for applications in which there are minor gaps and no opportunity to apply clamping pressure. That is one of the main shortcomings of Gorilla Glue -- if you can't clamp, the bond is weak and brittle.

Thanks for bringing this stuff to our attention -- I had never heard of it before!!

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Never heard of it either.
Thanks for the heads up.

I have a rather large project coming up that will need something like this.
Was planning on Black 252

Any idea about pricing?

Last edited:

TernOverland

Does it come in a hand-squeezed tube, like toothpaste? Often, I need just a small dab for a minor repair and do not want to deploy a caulking gun. It sounds as though it would be good for applications in which there are minor gaps and no opportunity to apply clamping pressure. That is one of the main shortcomings of Gorilla Glue -- if you can't clamp, the bond is weak and brittle.

Thanks for bringing this stuff to our attention -- I had never heard of it before!!

This adhesive should not be hard clamped. You have to maintain a minimum film thickness of .030 to get the best strength and vibration resistance. It does not come in hand squeeze tubes, just standard cartridges. I can also get it in large sausage format on special order.

TernOverland

Never heard of it either.
Thanks for the heads up.

I have a rather large project coming up that will need something like this.
Was planning on Black 252

Any idea about pricing?

FYI, for those interested...

link (PDF) to TDS https://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhs...443.551686721.1555863115-735572599.1555863114
Link (PDF) to SDS https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-76241474357167/SilapreneM6325.pdf?t=1554238446&
Kenny,
The products that you linked are not correct. This product is Silaprene SolidBond. I will post up the correct TDS and SDS here in a bit. Retail is $19.95/tube, $17.95 in case qty of 12. We do offer OEM accounts/pricing for professional builders, so give us a call tomorrow. We are closed today. You will like this stuff!

Brianj5600

I have an 80"x48"x33" box with 2 side doors and one square tube support from main frame to the top tube on both sides. What size bead is needed? About how many feet of bead per tube. If need arises, how hard is it to remove?

Brianj5600

I am quite sure thats typo mistake. If you look at its ASIN you find other vendors offer that price as a fourpack.
Btw, I been real happy with Masterseal products. Its on the shelf locally and reasonable price.

More info on which Masterseal?

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Kenny,
The products that you linked are not correct. This product is Silaprene SolidBond. I will post up the correct TDS and SDS here in a bit. Retail is $19.95/tube, $17.95 in case qty of 12. We do offer OEM accounts/pricing for professional builders, so give us a call tomorrow. We are closed today. You will like this stuff!

Thank you!

Ill edit my post above

TernOverland

I have an 80"x48"x33" box with 2 side doors and one square tube support from main frame to the top tube on both sides. What size bead is needed? About how many feet of bead per tube. If need arises, how hard is it to remove?
The amount you need depends on the size of the bonded area. JUst figure length x width x .040" to get the volume. It is like 98% solids so there is very little shrinkage. The stuff can be cut apart. I have used a thin steel putty knife sharpened to a razor edge on the front. It's work to separate it, but it can be done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles