Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
This is my '10 Tundra. I bought it about 2 years ago and it's currently my Daily Driver.

We owned a pop-up trailer for 17 years when our kids were growing up and used the crap out of that thing. Sold it a few years ago and haven't really done any camping since.

That is until last May when my wife and I attended the Overland Expo West with some friends that do the #vanlife thing. We had a great time and decided it might be fun to do a bit of weekend "Overlanding".

Not wanting to go "All In" just yet (we REALLY liked the Vagabond Camper at the Expo) I decided to just keep an eye out for a traditional shell and build out the back enough to make things a little more comfortable for a night or two out in the boonies. Soooo, after about a year of watching CL I was able to score this SnugTop shell with Yakima racks and ARB awning.

I recently painted the shell to match my truck (it was white), resealed all the windows, and built the bed in the back. I've only had it out 3 nights so far (solo) but the wife and I are looking at another short trip to SW Colorado mid May. It's mostly a "personal" business trip but, hopefully we can get a couple nights out during that trip.

I have to say, it sure beats sleeping on the ground.

View attachment 509512

View attachment 509498

Got to goof around SE Utah for a day and a half during a recent trip to CO. BEAUTIFUL country! Wish I could've spent a bit more time out there. We always used to just speed thru this area on our way to CO. Never really stopped to "smell the roses" so to speak.
View attachment 509497

View attachment 509496

View attachment 509511

Down near the AZ - Mexico border.
View attachment 509499

I love that night shot with Orion. Brilliant!

Z3iK5

Newish to group. My 19 Limited.
d263b2a689f9b3195309e5ec41cc388c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REDROVER

Explorer
My Tacoma enjoying the desert.

Absolutely terrible vehicle if you ask me for overlanding,
it’s way to long, low ground clearance, huge hood that blocks visibility when in tactical trail, approach / departure angle is as bad as it can get.
But it is what it is I guess.
It’s still a cool vehicle if doing just desert easy trails.

MMMFarms

My Tacoma enjoying the desert.

Absolutely terrible vehicle if you ask me for overlanding,
it’s way to long, low ground clearance, huge hood that blocks visibility when in tactical trail, approach / departure angle is as bad as it can get.
But it is what it is I guess.
It’s still a cool vehicle if doing just desert easy trails.

View attachment 511147View attachment 511148View attachment 511149View attachment 511150View attachment 511151
Well yea it's a crewcab so too long, and with those size tires you're going to lose alot of articulation with the stock suspension.. :p

Frazeur1

So many nice rigs, but even nicer are the beautiful pics of the places you all are taking them to! Thanks for sharing them!

busmup808

Newish to group. My 19 Limited.
d263b2a689f9b3195309e5ec41cc388c.jpg

Is that the stock rims? Very nice. Looking to buy a 2019 Limited or TRD PRO for my wife. She doesn’t like me touching her truck, so if I get her the PRO it will be a good set up for her

REDROVER

Explorer
Yes stock suspension definitely handling the bumper,
But what a flimsy bumper, it shakes like magnitude 10 earthquake,
ARB messed up on this bumper.

I’ll be putting one size larger tires and that will look better and perform better.

Desert is blooming,
You can drive 20 miles and it’s all flowers left and right

toyotech

Expedition Leader
What rack system is that please

It’s my own design that I make and sell in batches. Currently have 3-4 kits left for preorder. I released it. More can be found on my FB Page under- off-road custom design

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles