Trasharoo alternatives

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Have any of you guys thought of using a saw booth?
Just curious, as I'm pondering getting a saw in the future...

Hmmm. That looks really interesting. Assuming that the blade sheath is sealed...that might solve the leaky bar-oil problem. I'm not sure if I'd have room to mount it in the Jeep and still have enough room to draw it out.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Hmmm. That looks really interesting. Assuming that the blade sheath is sealed...that might solve the leaky bar-oil problem. I'm not sure if I'd have room to mount it in the Jeep and still have enough room to draw it out.
Have to mount it on an angle, or a movement restricted pivot, maybe. So it can only pivot out for inserting or withdrawing the saw.
I've seen some on tractor fenders where a rigid blade sheath is bolted to the fender with carriage bolts inside the sheath.
Too a simple laminated plywood rig bolted in the back of a pickup like a kitchen knife block. That was in a beat old pickup on a forestry firewood permit site.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I need to figure out what I can use this long narrow pocket for.

Attachments

• IMG_20190406_180027237.jpg
    IMG_20190406_180027237.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20190406_180043261.jpg
    IMG_20190406_180043261.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20190406_180111713.jpg
    IMG_20190406_180111713.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 126

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Well, I've had a very hard time with communications involving East Coast Overland regarding a custom saw case. So hard in fact, that I am going to resort to creating my own solution. Per the usual.

Initially they were "good-to-go" for a custom order. In fact it was their idea (I won't even ask peeps for custom order anymore). After I sent some pictures and specs and a promise to pay in advance the delays and excuses began almost immediately. After a week with no response I have lost confidence in this enterprise. I admit that I am a demanding customer, but not a difficult one. I am willing to spend money in order to get what I want.

It could have been worse. I could have paid money to someone in a different country before the B.S. started. Too bad. Just another garage company trolling the Expo community I suppose.

If someone cannot or does not follow through with an offer they present they are by definition a "fly-by-night" outfit. I don't care why you can't, won't, or don't do what you said you can or will do.

Floods? Famine? Don't care. Communicate!!!!

In any case, it seems that if you want a product produced by East Coast Overland, you will order from the menu. Nothing wrong with that.

Good luck All.

rayra

Expedition Leader
I need to figure out what I can use this long narrow pocket for.

Looks perfect for a 30'x3"x30k-lb recovery strap. Or jumper cables. Or (2) 100-oz CamelBack water bladders. Or a bunch of pint water bottles. Or a broken-down 18.5" Mossberg 500 shotgun. All sorts of 'emergency' tools would fit in there.

Well, I've had a very hard time with communications involving East Coast Overland regarding a custom saw case. So hard in fact, that I am going to resort to creating my own solution. Per the usual.

Initially they were "good-to-go" for a custom order. In fact it was their idea (I won't even ask peeps for custom order anymore). After I sent some pictures and specs and a promise to pay in advance the delays and excuses began almost immediately. After a week with no response I have lost confidence in this enterprise. I admit that I am a demanding customer, but not a difficult one. I am willing to spend money in order to get what I want.

It could have been worse. I could have paid money to someone in a different country before the B.S. started. Too bad. Just another garage company trolling the Expo community I suppose.

If someone cannot or does not follow through with an offer they present they are by definition a "fly-by-night" outfit. I don't care why you can't, won't, or don't do what you said you can or will do.

Floods? Famine? Don't care. Communicate!!!!

In any case, it seems that if you want a product produced by East Coast Overland, you will order from the menu. Nothing wrong with that.

Good luck All.

Custom products take a lot of time to make. What you call excuses, we call life. What people need to understand (and this is on our home page) this is just a side gig for us, we are full time Military with young families, and yes we just had a massive flood in New Brunswick. Sorry that you feel these are excuses, we think of this as explanations why things are the way they are. If we outsourced to China, we could stock pile cheap products, but we understand the importance of quality and the rarity of items made in Canada. We are doing our best to keep up with the orders we are getting, and we are dealing with several custom orders as well, and while they take time, likely more than anticipated, but they will get done. We are dedicated to providing quality hand made products, but with only 3 people working on these in the evenings, things take time. We appreciate your interest in our products and your constructive criticism. We don’t ignore anyone’s comments on purpose, if this happened I apologize. We are responding to messages, emails, txt, chats day and night, 7 days a week, whenever possible. But obviously there is room for improvement. cheers

7d9fdfba0a26534ca42ffec84e6d0b1c.jpg

a16b38ee61e4617c360a739f12eeb88f.jpg

1e1cd37f5e8017d7a28a2c06e5701a0f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles