Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

zelseman

Observer
Love all the yota fam
20190401_151450.jpg
How much does your camper weigh? Does it ride okay?

Taco-Bender

This is my '10 Tundra. I bought it about 2 years ago and it's currently my Daily Driver.

We owned a pop-up trailer for 17 years when our kids were growing up and used the crap out of that thing. Sold it a few years ago and haven't really done any camping since.

That is until last May when my wife and I attended the Overland Expo West with some friends that do the #vanlife thing. We had a great time and decided it might be fun to do a bit of weekend "Overlanding".

Not wanting to go "All In" just yet (we REALLY liked the Vagabond Camper at the Expo) I decided to just keep an eye out for a traditional shell and build out the back enough to make things a little more comfortable for a night or two out in the boonies. Soooo, after about a year of watching CL I was able to score this SnugTop shell with Yakima racks and ARB awning.

I recently painted the shell to match my truck (it was white), resealed all the windows, and built the bed in the back. I've only had it out 3 nights so far (solo) but the wife and I are looking at another short trip to SW Colorado mid May. It's mostly a "personal" business trip but, hopefully we can get a couple nights out during that trip.

I have to say, it sure beats sleeping on the ground.

Got to goof around SE Utah for a day and a half during a recent trip to CO. BEAUTIFUL country! Wish I could've spent a bit more time out there. We always used to just speed thru this area on our way to CO. Never really stopped to "smell the roses" so to speak.

Down near the AZ - Mexico border.

busmup808

This is my '10 Tundra. I bought it about 2 years ago and it's currently my Daily Driver.

We owned a pop-up trailer for 17 years when our kids were growing up and used the crap out of that thing. Sold it a few years ago and haven't really done any camping since.

That is until last May when my wife and I attended the Overland Expo West with some friends that do the #vanlife thing. We had a great time and decided it might be fun to do a bit of weekend "Overlanding".

Not wanting to go "All In" just yet (we REALLY liked the Vagabond Camper at the Expo) I decided to just keep an eye out for a traditional shell and build out the back enough to make things a little more comfortable for a night or two out in the boonies. Soooo, after about a year of watching CL I was able to score this SnugTop shell with Yakima racks and ARB awning.

I recently painted the shell to match my truck (it was white), resealed all the windows, and built the bed in the back. I've only had it out 3 nights so far (solo) but the wife and I are looking at another short trip to SW Colorado mid May. It's mostly a "personal" business trip but, hopefully we can get a couple nights out during that trip.

View attachment 509512

View attachment 509498

Got to goof around SE Utah for a day and a half during a recent trip to CO. BEAUTIFUL country! Wish I could've spent a bit more time out there. We always used to just speed thru this area on our way to CO. Never really stopped to "smell the roses" so to speak.
View attachment 509497

View attachment 509496

View attachment 509511

View attachment 509499

Beautiful truck. Happy hunting for yo build. It’s a never ending process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taco-Bender

Beautiful truck. Happy hunting for yo build. It’s a never ending process.

Thank you Sir.

I love the "build" part of the process, It's the $$$$ part that gets me in trouble.

Blew one of the rear shocks when I was out a couple weeks ago so, of course, now is a good time to "upgrade", right!?? Like they say in the boating world, Bust Out Another Thousand (or two).

busmup808

Thank you Sir.

I love the "build" part of the process, It's the $$$$ part that gets me in trouble.

Blew one of the rear shocks when I was out a couple weeks ago so, of course, now is a good time to "upgrade", right!?? Like they say in the boating world, Bust Out Another Thousand (or two).

True dat. I’m sure the same goes for all men who’s married or in a relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gillbrak

View attachment 509512

View attachment 509498

View attachment 509497

View attachment 509496

View attachment 509511

View attachment 509499

8cd4503b5de421bcc822051a865f7a57.jpg

Gotta love those red tundras!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member