What other front seats are somehow "Adaptable" for a Ford E series van

ricardo

Observer
Mine is a 2003 E350 and surprisingly the stock seats are kind of Okay, but I have a few spine fusions that require a little extra help in the lateral support department..

I'm sure it has been done before, I when back 150 pages and did not find to many references..

I kind of wish it was a list of possible candidates, is not only the base, but the overall measurements of the chair body and then the turning angles if you decide to install a rotating base..

If is been answer before, I'm sorry, i did search and look all over.

Mine is a 2003 E350 and surprisingly the stock seats are kind of Okay, but I have a few spine fusions that require a little extra help in the lateral support department..

I'm sure it has been done before, I when back 150 pages and did not find to many references..

I kind of wish it was a list of possible candidates, is not only the base, but the overall measurements of the chair body and then the turning angles if you decide to install a rotating base..

If is been answer before, I'm sorry, i did search and look all over.

I just installed my Sienna seats in my 2003 van
5ca57f6ee63b25cbda40e42dbed58e83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWitcher

I did 2000+ GM truck seats with the belts built into the seats on swivel bases. There's a little fab required due to the Ford floor.

Yummy...

Sienna XLT or whatever the top of the line model...??

What Generation or years....??

They look splendid and i know for a fact they are super comfortable...

Yeah pretty high level, grey leather with footrest from a 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ricardo

Observer
1100 for the pair but it was my Christmas gift to me and cheaper than scheelmans
So why german seats, with so many great bucket seats sold/made in the US...

if anything seats like Recaros are to much "Hugh" for me, I feel almost trap, but they also fit/feel amazing

mgmetalworks

Explorer
So why german seats, with so many great bucket seats sold/made in the US...

if anything seats like Recaros are to much "Hugh" for me, I feel almost trap, but they also fit/feel amazing

Recaro's are not manufactured in Germany like they used to be. Their quality has declined since they were bought by a huge conglomerate and production outsourced.

The Scheel-Mann seats are still manufactured in the same village outside of Stuttgart Germany, since the 1960's. Leading orthopedic design/engineering and the latest in European crash safety. Incredible attention to detail and craftsmanship, numerous custom options. Plus, unlike the American "RV" seats, the Scheel-Mann seats properly support your body so that on long distance drives your muscles can relax and you're comfortable. Check out this article;
https://expeditionportal.com/the-best-seat-in-the-house-scheel-mann-seat-review/

There is no finer orthopedic seat on the market than the Scheel-Mann's. Contact us with any questions.

ricardo

Observer
Recaro's are not manufactured in Germany like they used to be. Their quality has declined since they were bought by a huge conglomerate and production outsourced.

The Scheel-Mann seats are still manufactured in the same village outside of Stuttgart Germany, since the 1960's. Leading orthopedic design/engineering and the latest in European crash safety. Incredible attention to detail and craftsmanship, numerous custom options. Plus, unlike the American "RV" seats, the Scheel-Mann seats properly support your body so that on long distance drives your muscles can relax and you're comfortable. Check out this article;
https://expeditionportal.com/the-best-seat-in-the-house-scheel-mann-seat-review/

There is no finer orthopedic seat on the market than the Scheel-Mann's. Contact us with any questions.
I don't need that much help, actually for some reason I find "Ergonomic" seats very uncomfortable (and I have a masters in the Ergonomics) plus usually they are massive, plus I just don't have the money so I just need something already build, decent and somehow cheap..

CaulkinsCo.

Ford expedition seats, cheap, leather, power, heated, arm rest, correct colors, pockets on the back. Not a direct bolt in, drivers side needs 2 inches sectioned out of the van seat base. Passenger side needs holes redrilled.

Binky

I installed a KAB 150 air suspension base and seat in Binky. I just had to drill holes in the base to line up with the Ford bolts.
One could adapt most any seat to the base, but this is the one that came with the base and has adjustable arm rests, headrest and air bladder
lumbar support.
The pass seat uses a Chevy swivel base so I had holes to drill, both in the van body and the swivel base.
Then an adapter plate to mount the swivel to the seat sliders. The seat came from a conversion van.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles