Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

Unchboy

I've owned 2 montero sports and 1 Montero. I've been looking for a low mileage monty for 5 years and found one in Cleveland,OH with only 58k. Good thing friend of mine happened to be in Cleveland that week for a meeting that week and gave the thumbs up. I flew to Cleveland to the dismay of the boss (wife). Drove it to Vegas non stop and 32 hours later was home. I got an earful but when she drove it, she finally shut her mouth.
That was 5 years ago, today it's basically her car and won't drive any other. Lol

Attachments

• DSC_0739~2.jpg
    DSC_0739~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
  • DSC_0104.jpg
    DSC_0104.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 65
  • DSC_0687.jpg
    DSC_0687.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 64

nomadsurfer

I posted this a few posts back, but never posted a picture.

Here’s the original ad on Craigslist.

I ended up paying $2600 for it because the driver’s window stopped working.

As I said, 2 owners, 2nd one bought it in 2007, and was the owner of the mechanic shop where original owner brought it and when the when the warranty was up, he bought it.

Sent two daughters to college in it, and only time they used the 4wd was during her years in college during a fee snow storms.

He gave me service records going back to 2000, has all the manuals, tool kits and original window stickers.

I’m a big propenent of minimal modifications so will be just adding sliders and a small to no lift. So far just added some 31” tires and got the vacuum issues fixed so 4wd engages.

Having had all kinds of SUVs over the years, i find this one the best value of all of them, and one of the more refined when properly maintained.

Stoked to join the Montero family and looking forward to sharing more with you guys as it progresses.

Thanks

nomadsurfer

On an unrelated note, my family in The Bahamas has a white 2nd gen that they’ve had for 18 years. Never had a problem.

Only had issues when they started using for their marina when the old school heavy duty chevy truck died. Apparently driving it into the salt water several times a day to haul/rescue boats isn’t good for it. Who knew?

Bama_Kiwi

Hello all!

My name is Ryan. I am from Christchurch, New Zealand (by way of Alabama) and I finally get to make my first post here after a few months of lurking. In October 2018, I bought a 2006 Pajero (Montero) 3.8L SuperExceed LWB for my partner. She is involved with horses and was using a 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe to tow her horse, and sometimes two horses, to different events around the South Island. While the little Santa Fe managed to get her and the horses around, I didn't feel as if it was the safest tow vehicle, so we made the switch. Meanwhile, I had also been saving up to buy some sort of 4WD for myself to get back into off-roading and overlanding, having been involved a bit back in Alabama. We both fell in love with the Pajero and I decided I wanted a SWB version for myself. After about 5 months of searching, I finally found a great deal on a 2006 3.8L Exceed SWB. The car was in Hamilton (North Island), so my partner and I took a long weekend on 23rd of March to fly up and drive it home.

The black one is mine and my plans are to set it up for a bit of Weekend Warrior touring - 2" lift (50mm), 32" A/Ts, rock sliders, and skid plates (rocky here in the South Island, especially in the river beds). But, nothing too wild as it will remain my daily driver; maybe a front winch bar and winch further down the line. The white one is shared with my partner and will likely remain stock as she drives it 80% of the time and has no need for any off-road modifications.

Changes might come slowly; I had to stretch my budget to max to get the "shorty", wiping out any excess for mods. But, it was a great deal regardless and I am stoked. I hope to be an active part of the discussion here going forward.

Cheers!

AZPAJERO

Observer
Hello all!

My name is Ryan. I am from Christchurch, New Zealand (by way of Alabama) and I finally get to make my first post here after a few months of lurking. In October 2018, I bought a 2006 Pajero (Montero) 3.8L SuperExceed LWB for my partner. She is involved with horses and was using a 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe to tow her horse, and sometimes two horses, to different events around the South Island. While the little Santa Fe managed to get her and the horses around, I didn't feel as if it was the safest tow vehicle, so we made the switch. Meanwhile, I had also been saving up to buy some sort of 4WD for myself to get back into off-roading and overlanding, having been involved a bit back in Alabama. We both fell in love with the Pajero and I decided I wanted a SWB version for myself. After about 5 months of searching, I finally found a great deal on a 2006 3.8L Exceed SWB. The car was in Hamilton (North Island), so my partner and I took a long weekend on 23rd of March to fly up and drive it home.

The black one is mine and my plans are to set it up for a bit of Weekend Warrior touring - 2" lift (50mm), 32" A/Ts, rock sliders, and skid plates (rocky here in the South Island, especially in the river beds). But, nothing too wild as it will remain my daily driver; maybe a front winch bar and winch further down the line. The white one is shared with my partner and will likely remain stock as she drives it 80% of the time and has no need for any off-road modifications.

View attachment 507012

Changes might come slowly; I had to stretch my budget to max to get the "shorty", wiping out any excess for mods. But, it was a great deal regardless and I am stoked. I hope to be an active part of the discussion here going forward.

Cheers!
Beauties........both of 'em. Wish I could get my hands on an ohhh six stateside......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles