Yetti's 2007 Outfitter Apex project.

Great thread... nice work bringing your camper back to the living.

A thought on jacks and batteries. If your Happi Jac controller is like mine, it’s wired directly to the batteries, and there is a parasitic load that will drain your batteries after a long period of storage without charging.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Great thread... nice work bringing your camper back to the living.

A thought on jacks and batteries. If your Happi Jac controller is like mine, it’s wired directly to the batteries, and there is a parasitic load that will drain your batteries after a long period of storage without charging.
Thanks, SPG: that does not surprise me at all. That also may be why the original owner had the fuse pulled to the Smoke, propane detectors. Thanks for the heads up, right now she stays plugged in for the most part.

Sent from somewhere remote on my BlackBerry

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Do you have a multi stage converter? I’ve cooked batteries in an older TT by leaving it plugged in and evaporating all the battery acid out.
That's a good look out, I'm not sure what's in it to be honest. It's a 2007, camper. I'll check and see what it has. Their website does not say.

My guess is that it doesn’t have a float mode, so checking water levels frequently (weekly for starters, less frequently if there is no noticeable level drop) would be a good idea. If there is no float mode, something like an Iota w/IQ4 or Progressive Dynamics would probably be good replacements.

Get the mfr/model from your converter and google it to get specs.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I want to do some LED lights around the exterior, just area lighting mostly. I was toying with the idea of using some larger ( budget friendly) LED light bars under the over cab to help close the gap, and a curved one in the front. I am pretty torn on it so far though. I was thinking about a fairing, using Yakima bars, or a box. But the top over hangs my windshield probably 4-6 inches? With the curve of my body lines, a standard fairing would maybe put more pressure on the over/under cab portion?

IMG_20180831_0631296.jpgIMG_20190120_1653271.jpgIMG_20190126_0928262.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
So I dug around and pulled the info from the charge controller, converter. Seems like its a pretty good one?

https://www.progressivedyn.com/rv/power-converters/pd9200-series-rv-power-converters/

INTELI-POWER 9200 Series Operation
Progressive Dynamics 9200 Series Electronic Power Converters have several features that differ from other electronic power converters presently marketed to the RV industry. Reliability data over the past eight years on over 400,000 units in the field have proven that these design features increase our reliability and provide the following additional customer benefits.
  1. ELECTRONIC CURRENT LIMITING – This safety feature will rapidly reduce the converter output in case of an electrical short or overload condition. This rapid shutdown, similar to a circuit breaker in your house, prevents possible RV wiring and converter damage. The converter automatically returns to normal operation when the short or overload is corrected.
  2. VARIABLE SPEED INTELLIGENT COOLING FAN – Solid state temperature sensing and control system automatically monitors converter temperature and activates the fan at speed required. Very slow, quiet speeds are used when demand is low, such as during sleeping hours. Some competitive converters use Electro-mechanical devices to provide temperature sensing and fan control. Electro-mechanical sensors are more subject to failure and may stick in the closed mode causing the fan to operate all the time, resulting in an irritating noise. They can also fail to close during high temperature conditions and prevent the fan from operating. This failure may cause over heating and possible converter failure.
  3. AUTOMATIC THERMAL PROTECTION – This safety feature will reduce converter output in the unlikely event of a fan failure and prevent damage to the converter. This safety feature will also activate if the area where the converter is mounted is too small, has inadequate ventilation, or is accidentally covered by the customer. Please refer to the installation instructions for information regarding spacing and ventilation requirements.
  4. LOW VOLTAGE PROTECTION – The Progressive Dynamics 9200 Series Converters will operate at low AC line voltages without damage. This feature is especially important in RV campgrounds where AC line voltage can be as low as 90 volts. Low AC line voltages may damage competitive converters. Low Line Voltage Protection will automatically shut converter down if input voltage is insufficient. This also protects your 12-volt appliances from damaging low voltage irregularities. The converter will automatically return to normal operation when adequate line voltage is available.
  5. HIGH VOLTAGE PROTECTION – All converters incorporate our patented High Voltage Shutdown circuitry. This feature automatically shuts the converter down to protect sensitive electronics in the event of high voltage transients on the AC power line, or if the RV generator regulator should momentarily fail. The converter will automatically return to normal operation when the high voltage transient is corrected.
  6. REVERSE BATTERY PROTECTION – Our patented Reverse Battery circuitry prevents converter damage and unnecessary warranty calls in the event the customer or dealer accidentally connects the battery in reverse. Simple replacement of the fuse(s) located on the front of the converter restores the unit to normal operation. Some competitive converters can be damaged and require replacement if the battery leads are accidentally reversed.
  7. BUILT-IN ACCESSORY PORT – All PD9200 Series Power Converters incorporate an accessory port for the optional Converter Status Remote Pendantwhich is used to monitor the Charge Wizard operating modes.

I am glad I looked into it though! Its always good to learn more about my rig, honestly i dont plan on selling it and hope to do the PanAM in it someday. That being said.....plans change sometimes.

And since the remote for it is 10$ I ordered that as well.

IMG_20190206_1646200.jpgIMG_20190206_1646300.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Was not planning on leaving until Sunday, but with the weather I started a few days early.

I always load the things solo, and it's not that bad. However on the snow and ice it kinda sucks.

I had to shovel the snow off my bed, and chip the ice away.

Anywho, she moved more that I'd like to see: so somepoint the next few days I'll find a leveling spot and re mount the thing, probably taking the Jack's off after.
b3674329eac4eb7fc599288270e57d2c.jpg
d43cdbefec7732a3797896f8b9700b0c.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Got her remounted in the cascade national park visitor center parking lot.

Thought I got a pic of how much it moved. My guess once the feast of the ice melted off the bed( the stuff I could not chip off) prior to loading it allowed some wiggle room.
ede624b35d6349c1a8ddfc87bc040304.jpg
33b43d520f22e713214d946a660d4473.jpg
82fa1388228c71ee3d48580c8b3b961f.jpg
9745ad700ff3ddbcb649df97d9cb66d7.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I have never had one shift that much. Got it back flush, readjusted ( now all the ice is gone) and tightend against the bulk head.
ba0c14d6cb24dc0874b16842a2df79f4.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I will probably finish up the inside paint, and some of the exterior- ill do the same w/ my truck) and wire in the inverter. Its going to be warmer highs of 50ish, warm enough for the flex seal to dry w/o running during application.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior