Trailer Wanted 5K Range

Pipeworx

Hello everyone I am searching for a good used off road trailer like a CVT, Ruger etc. to get my roof top tent off my rig and be less top heavy. I want to be able to drop my trailer, set up camp and then go do some wheeling without all the weight on top of my rig. I would like to find something in the 5K range or less if possible and am not needing much other than the trailer itself as I have a tent, fridge, portable battery system with solar and an inverter. I am in Austin, Texas but am willing to travel or ship the right rig.

Thank you for any and all help locating something that will work for us.

Matt

Attachments

• IMG_1111.jpg
    IMG_1111.jpg
    552.5 KB · Views: 255

burghermike

I have an M16 for sale. Located in Beaver Falls Pa. $1,000. It’s in great shape
9f9b354eb4d03a521c027c5fc589cb12.jpg
pm burghermike. Look up M416 Offroad trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pipeworx

I have an M16 for sale. Located in Beaver Falls Pa. $1,000. It’s in great shape
9f9b354eb4d03a521c027c5fc589cb12.jpg
pm burghermike. Look up M416 Offroad trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trailer looks nice but honestly we are worlds apart and I am looking for something further along build wise. Thank you for the offer, I am sure someone will jump on this as the price is right.

Buffalobwana

Observer
Might have something interesting for you. (North Dallas TX) These pictures were taken before the bed was sanded clean in preparation for a spray in bed liner. Before paint and some other work.

Had planned on installing a winch at the front to pull things in. (4 wheeler maybe?) I don’t know if one will fit though.

Can remove solar panels or turn one sideways to accommodate RTT.

Here it is set up with dual batteries, plywood floor, waterproof charging regulator, Engle fridge and charging port, but not necessary to any of it. Just what I needed for that trip.

It’s a 101A2, no title, but we are both in TX so, no big need. It’s got plates and passed inspection last year.

It has electric brakes on one axle, because I have not put the other one on yet. They are Dexter with the parking brake option. I have not figured out how to make the P brake work yet (it takes some special engineering to hook it up). I have some parts I bought to “possibly” make it work.

Just note the p brake hook-up is not necessary for the brakes to work.

It has all new bearings, races and seals on the one axle with the brakes. I have the bearings etc to replace the other side when I do it.

I have put a lot of work into this one. Building the rack, prep for bedliner (grinding off CARC is not something I wish on anyone!) building new hitch (currently a pintle but can be swapped for anything you like, built on a receiver hitch)

Current hitch is designed to pull properly (slightly nose down) with the 37” tires on it.

If you don’t like 37’s I have a set of tires with 150 miles on them that are the “correct” size for a 101A2.

I also have a 101A2 that is freshly painted, surge brakes work, smaller “correct” size tires, it’s a very nice trailer. Could put the rack on that one instead.

Had not considered selling it. So, let’s talk if it’s of interest.

burghermike

No thanks. I have a rolling M416 frame and I'm going to build off that. Thanks anyway I like the ideas. Hope you don't mind me incorporating some from the pics. Thanks

OnBeechRoad

Observer
I've got just what you need....https://norfolk.craigslist.org/spo/d/suffolk-2018-off-road-trailer/6840053907.html

Pipeworx

Might have something interesting for you. (North Dallas TX) These pictures were taken before the bed was sanded clean in preparation for a spray in bed liner. Before paint and some other work.

Had planned on installing a winch at the front to pull things in. (4 wheeler maybe?) I don’t know if one will fit though.

Can remove solar panels or turn one sideways to accommodate RTT.

Here it is set up with dual batteries, plywood floor, waterproof charging regulator, Engle fridge and charging port, but not necessary to any of it. Just what I needed for that trip.

It’s a 101A2, no title, but we are both in TX so, no big need. It’s got plates and passed inspection last year.

It has electric brakes on one axle, because I have not put the other one on yet. They are Dexter with the parking brake option. I have not figured out how to make the P brake work yet (it takes some special engineering to hook it up). I have some parts I bought to “possibly” make it work.

Just note the p brake hook-up is not necessary for the brakes to work.

It has all new bearings, races and seals on the one axle with the brakes. I have the bearings etc to replace the other side when I do it.

I have put a lot of work into this one. Building the rack, prep for bedliner (grinding off CARC is not something I wish on anyone!) building new hitch (currently a pintle but can be swapped for anything you like, built on a receiver hitch)

Current hitch is designed to pull properly (slightly nose down) with the 37” tires on it.

If you don’t like 37’s I have a set of tires with 150 miles on them that are the “correct” size for a 101A2.

I also have a 101A2 that is freshly painted, surge brakes work, smaller “correct” size tires, it’s a very nice trailer. Could put the rack on that one instead.

Had not considered selling it. So, let’s talk if it’s of interest.
View attachment 505863

View attachment 505866

That looks like a great trailer but just larger than what I am wanting. Thank you for offering it up though.

Jay_EE_P

I’ve got a Tentrax trailer complete with enclosed tent, located in San Antonio.

Attachments

• ADA1AC38-77DA-4033-A547-35EF822E980A.jpeg
    ADA1AC38-77DA-4033-A547-35EF822E980A.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 227
  • A9C3E584-3BA2-4A7C-B59A-0C8E3E565B51.jpeg
    A9C3E584-3BA2-4A7C-B59A-0C8E3E565B51.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 226

Buffalobwana

Observer
No thanks. I have a rolling M416 frame and I'm going to build off that. Thanks anyway I like the ideas. Hope you don't mind me incorporating some from the pics. Thanks
Ok, but I was replying to pipeworx! :D

Of course you may borrow any design feature on it. There is a build thread here, under my name.

Pipeworx

I’ve got a Tentrax trailer complete with enclosed tent, located in San Antonio.

I appreciate the offer but I want to keep my current roof top tent and need something slightly larger.

Attachments

• 20180522_185858.jpg
    20180522_185858.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 233
  • 20180522_185929.jpg
    20180522_185929.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 205

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles