$200 5KW Portable Diesel Air Heater

luthj

Engineer In Residence
The duty cycle adjustment would likely be used to compensate for altitude? I would not mess with much unless you are leaning it out at altitudes above 5k fit or so?

zerodrift

Adventurer
The controller I have actually noted the elevation and didn't seem adjustable. I am under the impression that it has an internal barometer and is self regulating. I tested the system out in Denver and used the system successfully in Sedona with low temps in the 20's (f) with a few inches out snowfall. The low setting worked well enough and only used about half a gallon of fuel for an evening. Ramping the system up really upped the fuel usage to nearly a full gallon over the night.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

snowfiend

The higher the hertz, the more frequently fuel is injected. Thus, more heat. Adjust up or down as needed. Make sure to occasionally ramp up temperatures to clear out the combustion chamber- I'm planning to do this prior to storage or after 5 gallons of fuel or so.

Used my setup for 5 cold evenings and it worked like a charm. The cereal box was used as a template.
988a4f43d3b757b855ce1b8b3bbea295.jpg
Where did you get that metal exhaust flange thing?

Last edited:

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Seems big? I dunno, its all metric and junk.

Well yea but it's all-in-one. Fuel tank and all. Probably not any more cubic inches than a homebrew in a Pelican.

What throws me, is handles on the top and bolt holes on the bottom. It might be difficult to lift when it's bolted down.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
Well yea but it's all-in-one. Fuel tank and all. Probably not any more cubic inches than a homebrew in a Pelican.

What throws me, is handles on the top and bolt holes on the bottom. It might be difficult to lift when it's bolted down.
Does 'cm' stand for 'Canadian Measurement'?

toyotech

Expedition Leader

Handles appear to help pull cover off. It could also be on wheels and the handles help move it and transport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Handles appear to help pull cover off. It could also be on wheels and the handles help move it and transport.

It was a joke. Look at the pic, the unit has latches to hold it to the mounting brackets. Unsnap the latches and lift it.

Now, as to why it has latches on the sides as well as the ends...dunno. (Another joke. It's got a full length base.)

toyotech

Expedition Leader
It was a joke. Look at the pic, the unit has latches to hold it to the mounting brackets. Unsnap the latches and lift it.

Now, as to why it has latches on the sides as well as the ends...dunno. (Another joke. It's got a full length base.)

Yeah I know about the latches. The handles help pull the cover off.

The latches on the side is only for the red cover. The other latches are for the front and rear covers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles