Part 2: Electrical & Water Systems we use in our Global Expedition Vehicles Turtle

dfs9

This is the second video in our 3 part series about the best Recovery Gear, Electrical & Water Systems, and Recreational Gear we use in our Global Expedition Vehicles Turtle. In this video I talk about the best gear I have found and used that work the best for us in our Turtle. All gear is link in the description of the video.

Thank you for watching and please subscribe if you find these videos useful.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Thanks again for going through it.

You can save a lot of weight and space by ditching all the cords and electrical hookups.........just a thought. ;)

dfs9

Thanks again for going through it.

You can save a lot of weight and space by ditching all the cords and electrical hookups.........just a thought. ;)
You do make a good point. I guess we all carry around more stuff then we need or think we need. As a metaphor, I carry a lot of baggage that if I unloaded I would have a spring in my step and be a lot more free to do the thing I really wanted to do.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Yeah, don't we all.

But seriously, we were actually quite proud of the fact that our SMB was plugged into a campsite exactly 2 nights - which were the first 2 nights we spent in it after picking it up - and after a while, I just stopped carrying the gear. We relished finding spots to camp either way back in or just off the beaten trail and virtually never was it a campsite per se.

I doubt if we will carry the cords in our new rig either (which has much more storage than yours). My thinking is - we bought an adventure rig for a reason - let's have an adventure. :)

dfs9

Yeah, don't we all.

But seriously, we were actually quite proud of the fact that our SMB was plugged into a campsite exactly 2 nights - which were the first 2 nights we spent in it after picking it up - and after a while, I just stopped carrying the gear. We relished finding spots to camp either way back in or just off the beaten trail and virtually never was it a campsite per se.

I doubt if we will carry the cords in our new rig either (which has much more storage than yours). My thinking is - we bought an adventure rig for a reason - let's have an adventure. :)
I agree. Adventure is the place to be. When we had our Roadtrek, we spent 4 months in western Canada and Alaska we were gone for 120 days spent 15 days total plugged in at rv sites. About 6 of those were in ND and SD when temps were 100 degrees and humidity at 80% to 90%. Sometimes the air conditioner is nice.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Yeah, I suspect the insulation on your Roadtrek was similar to the SMB - which is to say non-existent.

We are looking forward to the high R value of the GXV panels.

dfs9

Yeah, I suspect the insulation on your Roadtrek was similar to the SMB - which is to say non-existent.

We are looking forward to the high R value of the GXV panels.
Yep, nothing in the roadtrek. We had the Aldie heating system and could not get it above 60 degrees when it was in the mid 40s outside. In the summer had the run the air conditioner all the time when it was above 90 and still was warm in the roadtrek.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles