Bugeye's GX460 Build

bugeye1257

Observer
Tested out clearances, need to do more trimming up front with a BMC.

mczwax.jpg

op7m82.jpg

tlin

Adventurer
Nice rig! I really like those rims.

Pics can be funny, those two shots showing all the suspension flex appear to be on relatively flat ground. It almost looks as though your suspension is completely broken.... :)

bugeye1257

Observer
Nice rig! I really like those rims.

Pics can be funny, those two shots showing all the suspension flex appear to be on relatively flat ground. It almost looks as though your suspension is completely broken.... :)

Thanks, 4runner trail wheels. New wheels are going to be ordered in the next month or so.

Ground dipped pretty low on the passenger front, looks deceiving.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Is anybody making bumpers for the 460? With the way the bumper cladding wraps all the way up to the lights, it looks a bit tricky to fit one.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Is anybody making bumpers for the 460? With the way the bumper cladding wraps all the way up to the lights, it looks a bit tricky to fit one.
It's no different than the Tacoma's, 4Runners, and Land Cruisers, just gotta do a little trimming. And yes there are a few bumpers out there for the 2010-2013 GX460.

fnjeep314

Observer
I have a 460 and I am curious to find out what this is that you are doing to yours:
SwayBar Relocation Brackets

Are you planning to keep KDSS?

Also what are the specs of the Turbomacs? Did you really need to do the BMC or was that precautionary? I am currently running FJ wheels and will be switching over to OEM GX470 wheels that have an offset of 15mm and I clear the BM with 265/70/17's.

bugeye1257

Observer

There are a few, Metaltech, C4, Ironman. Personally I like the C4 out of all of them, slim and clean lines. It doesnt go all the way up to the headlights but you have to cut your bumper in half.

I have a 460 and I am curious to find out what this is that you are doing to yours:
SwayBar Relocation Brackets

Are you planning to keep KDSS?

Also what are the specs of the Turbomacs? Did you really need to do the BMC or was that precautionary? I am currently running FJ wheels and will be switching over to OEM GX470 wheels that have an offset of 15mm and I clear the BM with 265/70/17's.

No swaybar relocation brackets as you have KDSS, it wont work. I do plan on keeping KDSS, no real reason to get rid of it now unless I go long travel,

The Turbomac HD's are 17x8.5 0 Offset. I had trail wheels with a 1.25 spacer before this setup. I needed a BMC for that setup. If you are only running 265s then you shouldnt have to worry about the BMC.

jgilbreath

Observer
Bull0080,
Can you give your thoughts on the prinsu rack? How was installation? I'm trying to convince my wife that the prinsu is a better option than factory cross bars.

moose545

Nice rig man, I've got a 12' and used the Trail wheels as well, running 275/70/17. Works for now, no rubbing and only removed the front baby mudflaps since they did catch occasionally. Will post some pics soon and add to the GX thread.

bugeye1257

Observer
Wow, haven't updated this in a bit. Recently did some maintenance to the GX.

The EBC GreenStuff pads made a big difference in stopping, also combined with some stoptech/centric blank rotors.

Next up was a Green Filter, filter to replace the OEM one. Made in the USA and quality built.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles