DIY Discada "Skottle" Cooker $65.00

robert

Expedition Leader
Last I looked, these aren't available on Amazon any longer.

Nope. I thought I'd hit "buy it now" and ordered one. When I hadn't received it yet I checked and apparently I didn't hit the button or something, no notice, no nothing- no cooker. <insert sad panda here> Hint to the mods- the new smilie things suck

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
Ended up making one this weekend.
Instead of using conduit and wire.
I just fabbed up a small bracket, and welded bolts onto some 16ga 3/4in tube (36in high because im 6'6).
Sturdy, quick setup and breakdown.
it seemed to cook well.

Do you have any pics of the actual burner bracket and how you did it?

Do you have any pics of the actual burner bracket and how you did it?
I'll try to get some. Just 1/8th in stock bent, welded, and a hole drilled. Used a horseshoe like he did, but my next one will be out of round stock or cut like the tembo tusk.

I'll break it down tomorrow and get some photos after work. I meant to take photos of the build process, but I got into a rhythm and didn't pickup my phone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

trae

Adventurer
I'll try to get some. Just 1/8th in stock bent, welded, and a hole drilled. Used a horseshoe like he did, but my next one will be out of round stock or cut like the tembo tusk.

I'll break it down tomorrow and get some photos after work. I meant to take photos of the build process, but I got into a rhythm and didn't pickup my phone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nice. Any other ideas how to attach a bolt or all thread to a pipe? Don’t have a welder.

Thought about embedding it in some wood but that would be bulky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Any other ideas how to attach a bolt or all thread to a pipe? Don’t have a welder.

Thought about embedding it in some wood but that would be bulky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go to the store and pickup a 6 pack of beer, find a friend with a welder, or drop it by a shop.
If you're in the US I can just mail you everything welded up.

trae

Adventurer
Go to the store and pickup a 6 pack of beer, find a friend with a welder, or drop it by a shop.
If you're in the US I can just mail you everything welded up.

Thanks that's very kind of you. Maybe it's time to pickup a chinese welder special off aliexpress. I want to try it myself in the spirit of DIY :)

WOODY2

Adventurer
Thanks that's very kind of you. Maybe it's time to pickup a chinese welder special off aliexpress. I want to try it myself in the spirit of DIY :)
The six pack is way cheaper in the long run that is until you learn how to weld so other people bring you beer :LOL:

krick3tt

Adventurer
If you have a nut that fits the all-thread (it is usually 3/8 inch thread) they often fit well inside a 1/2 inch conduit (usually a 10 foot section for about $5). Cut your conduit to length put the nut in the end and tap it in, that is about the easiest way I have found to not weld.
I only used all-thread for mine as I wanted it just tall enough to allow for the bottle of gas. Putting a nut on the rod to tighten against the skittle does help it not wobble so much. Also, I did not want it higher as then it becomes a bit too unstable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles