3 Fixes To The MaxxAir Fan in Our GXV Turtle

gregmchugh

Observer
I have the MaxxAir fan shade but haven’t istalled it yet so I appreciated the info.

I found that even with an insulated cover on the bottom of the fan (I used Reflectix but it is similar to yours) there was significant condensation when it was cold. I don’t know if adding the fan shade will help much with the condensation. I am planning to cut a foam insert from a 3/4” closed cell foam camping sleeping pad that will fit up against the fan screen. With the higher level of insulation and the tight fit with the opening I am hoping that there will be less condensation raining down from the fan. We have two MaxxAir fans, one at the front of the cabin and one in the bathroom. Not too bad to deal with condensation from the bath fan in cold weather if you use it to help dry out the bath after a shower (I mean it is a wet bath) but dripping water in the front of the cabin from the fan can be annoying, especially when you are sitting at the table under the fan... :)

One issue we have is using the fan remote from the bed (pretty far from the fan and up high in the cabin), we get intermittent response. I haven’t checked to see where the IR remote receiver is on the fan assembly but I am going to add an IR repeater to get better response from the remote.

dfs9

I have the MaxxAir fan shade but haven’t istalled it yet so I appreciated the info.

I found that even with an insulated cover on the bottom of the fan (I used Reflectix but it is similar to yours) there was significant condensation when it was cold. I don’t know if adding the fan shade will help much with the condensation. I am planning to cut a foam insert from a 3/4” closed cell foam camping sleeping pad that will fit up against the fan screen. With the higher level of insulation and the tight fit with the opening I am hoping that there will be less condensation raining down from the fan. We have two MaxxAir fans, one at the front of the cabin and one in the bathroom. Not too bad to deal with condensation from the bath fan in cold weather if you use it to help dry out the bath after a shower (I mean it is a wet bath) but dripping water in the front of the cabin from the fan can be annoying, especially when you are sitting at the table under the fan... :)

One issue we have is using the fan remote from the bed (pretty far from the fan and up high in the cabin), we get intermittent response. I haven’t checked to see where the IR remote receiver is on the fan assembly but I am going to add an IR repeater to get better response from the remote.
The foam idea is a good suggestion. I will try that as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles