Clutch’s deep thoughts thread...

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
@redthies....very nice work, I never knew.

Love that Airstream. Any pictures of your cargo trailers?

These are the only ones I have on my iPad. The computer has been at nerd central trying to be resurrected for a while now. It was designed by the customer, who is a lumber broker (hence all the pine), and avid white tail deer hunter. He wanted something to haul his side by side and wall-tent etc to camp, but then act as a bunk house when he got set up. I had to haul it 5 hours home from camp 2 years ago after his Tundra was drowned in a creek, and it was so full of gear you couldn’t even get in the door. I actually felt it behind my 3500 long bed! Pic of interior, and set up at camp with my Dodge and NL camper.2D610C79-B157-48BE-A37C-EC165F7346E9.jpeg9606A6B1-004C-4B18-B904-25692FEEDA88.jpeg

Clutch

<---Pass
These are the only ones I have on my iPad. The computer has been at nerd central trying to be resurrected for a while now. It was designed by the customer, who is a lumber broker (hence all the pine), and avid white tail deer hunter. He wanted something to haul his side by side and wall-tent etc to camp, but then act as a bunk house when he got set up. I had to haul it 5 hours home from camp 2 years ago after his Tundra was drowned in a creek, and it was so full of gear you couldn’t even get in the door. I actually felt it behind my 3500 long bed! Pic of interior, and set up at camp with my Dodge and NL camper.View attachment 501704View attachment 501705
Very nice. I have always wanted an Airstream, but truth be told I would destroy it...and knowing that would be too afraid to use it. Kinda like our old Westy, it was nice enough that I refused to take it down any dirt roads, or gravel even.

Cargo trailer would work, I can beat the crap out of of one and not worry too-too much.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Very nice. I have always wanted an Airstream, but truth be told I would destroy it...and knowing that would be too afraid to use it. Kinda like our old Westy, it was nice enough that I refused to take it down any dirt roads, or gravel even.

Cargo trailer would work, I can beat the crap out of of one and not worry too-too much.
But, what if it's a really nice cargo trailer...... :p

battleaxe

Captain Obvious
Since modifying our trailer last year, and taking it out a couple times... I've really thought about just picking up a cargo trailer and modifying that to suit. My wife is a bit of a pack rat, and we need the extra height on the trailer to use the annex on the tent. I'm honestly past the point of doing any further work on this trailer, unless it's to sell it.

Clutch

<---Pass
Since modifying our trailer last year, and taking it out a couple times... I've really thought about just picking up a cargo trailer and modifying that to suit. My wife is a bit of a pack rat, and we need the extra height on the trailer to use the annex on the tent. I'm honestly past the point of doing any further work on this trailer, unless it's to sell it.

Moto buddy of mine is moving here soon, he has a 5X10(?) that he said he might sell. Not the prettiest thing, but it will work. So if it already has some war wounds on it, even better for dragging around the back country.

Really just need something to duck in if it is pouring down rain, my Wildernest doesn't like it if the weather is too foul, waking up at 3:00 with water dripping on your head isn't fun. $10 hardware store tarp cures that though. A bit white trash, but I am not trying to impress anyone... :D

Last edited:

battleaxe

Captain Obvious
Moto buddy of mine is moving here soon, he has a 5X10(?) that he said he might sell. Not the prettiest thing, but it will work. So if it already has some war wounds on it, even better for dragging around the back country.

Really just need something to duck in if it is pouring down rain, my Wildernest doesn't like it if the weather is too foul, waking up at 3:00 with water dripping on your head isn't fun. $10 hardware store tarp cures that though. A bit white trash, but I am not trying to impress anyone... :D

I'm trying to fill a gap, lol. I don't want a POS glamping trailer, but what we have just isn't quite cutting it right now.

My wife doesn't like the "camp for a week with minimal amenities/showers/clothes".... But she's not a prissy queen either. She just wants a toilet and a shower whenever she likes. I really can't fault her for that.

Clutch

<---Pass
And just set up a cot in the trailer? Anything for heat / cooking?

Yep, I have two Roll-A-Cots. They pack super small...plus no center leg, great for going over a wheel well or leave it setup with storage underneath.

Do have a Mr Heater, but don't trust it to leave it on over night.

Wood stoves in a trailer scare the crap out of me. We used to be the Northeastern distributor for woodstoves and products. Plus did installs...great for in a house, but in a camper...ummm yeah no thanks. Takes up too much room, a pain to keep them fed, then having to mess with the ashes when you are leaving.

Propane is just so much easier to deal with.

Cooking, already have a chuck box setup.

32191572_10156409277989630_5027723544587403264_n.jpg

This was from last summer. Was out poking around, and stopped to cook up some lunch. Not a bad view, eh? :)

31131574_10156371610639630_9068759151759159152_n.jpg

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Cooking, already have a chuck box setup.

32191572_10156409277989630_5027723544587403264_n.jpg

This was from last summer. Was out poking around, and stopped to cook up some lunch. Not a bad view, eh? :)
We had one of those cabelas camp kitchen things. We found it packed down to big and heavy. Took up too much way room. So now we just use a plastic folding table like the one you pictured. The chuck box is a nice addition. May have to look into one of those.

campingatMiquelonLake006.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier