New Alu-cab Khaya Camper for sale in US - details with pricing now available

motox181

Hello, was wondering weather you think the camper would be better in a Tacoma with a 6 foot bed or the short bed, or is there any difference?

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Hello, was wondering weather you think the camper would be better in a Tacoma with a 6 foot bed or the short bed, or is there any difference?

Hi, my $0.02, I think a 6-foot would be a little better because the camper would fit mostly in the bed. Probably have less weight hanging behind the rear axle. But, I have a 5-foot bed and I feel confident it'll work great! I just need to remember all that extra back-end when I'm going in reverse! ?

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Hi, my $0.02, I think a 6-foot would be a little better because the camper would fit mostly in the bed. Probably have less weight hanging behind the rear axle. But, I have a 5-foot bed and I feel confident it'll work great! I just need to remember all that extra back-end when I'm going in reverse! ?

Six of one, half a dozen of the other really :unsure: Both will have the same overall length within inches, part of the beauty of the Khaya is a 6' camper even if you already have a 5' rig. I guess the only notable difference is the axle being about 12" further back under the camper, maybe marginally better for load handling but nothing I have personally felt driving both. Personally camping only with two people the AC/LB works best for myself, but add another human and that changes fast. haha

JP-ADV

Rino, are there any options for the tent such as an insulating package for colder weather? Also, it appears there are two layers to the windows -- canvas and mesh screen, but no clear windows (it's hard to tell for sure from pics). Are there any clear window options?

Also, I've seen many pics of the interior loaded with options, but do you have any pics of what the interior looks like without options (base model)? Are there mounting hard-points or tracks of any kind (for mounting cabinets, gear, appliances, etc)? If so I'd like to see those if possible.
thanks!

PacingTheCage

Rino, saw the new KHAYA 4 on Instagram. When will you have full photos, video, layout, pricing, etc. on your website and/or social media? Thanks!

JP-ADV

Rino, are there any options for the tent such as an insulating package for colder weather? Also, it appears there are two layers to the windows -- canvas and mesh screen, but no clear windows (it's hard to tell for sure from pics). Are there any clear window options?

Also, I've seen many pics of the interior loaded with options, but do you have any pics of what the interior looks like without options (base model)? Are there mounting hard-points or tracks of any kind (for mounting cabinets, gear, appliances, etc)? If so I'd like to see those if possible.
thanks!

So i spoke with RinO and here are some answers to these questions:

- There is not an insulating/winter package option available, but the fabric is double-layer and the roof has an insulation layer below the aluminum. RinO said their experiences in cold weather with the Khaya have been comfortable. If you get the heater option, I'd guess you're going to be pretty comfy, but I'm just speculating here.

- The windows have a fine mesh and a tent-fabric layer. There are no clear-plastic windows. RinO said in rain, they are able to open the rear tent window partially to allow a good amount of light/ventilation. The awning over the rear window prevents any rain from entering.

- I didn't see any detailed pics of the interior of the base model to get a good look at mounting hardpoints, but according to RinO, there are mounting rails on the interior extrusions.

Hope these answers help others.

JP-ADV

Thanks. Wish they had more pics. I'm trying to figure out where the extra 2 people sleep. It doesn't look any wider. Is it just a fold-out bed in the lower area, maybe?

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Sorry for the delay guys!

Rino, saw the new KHAYA 4 on Instagram. When will you have full photos, video, layout, pricing, etc. on your website and/or social media? Thanks!

I was able to check out the Khaya 4 this past trip to Cape Town before the holiday, it is super impressive. It basically takes the concept of the Ossewa (4 sleeper / 90% outside living) and packs that punch into a slide in camper on a 5' mid-size truck. Basically inside you have the essentials for accommodating 4 people, an 80l water tank/pump/heater, diesel hot air furnace, outside hot shower, a massive 90l National Luna fridge freezer, 4 Front Runner Chairs, an inside fold down stove and table, a sink with power faucet, room for 4 Wolf Pack Ammo boxes and a fold down bed configuration allowing a sleeping platform down below that is 6' 3" long.

DcJH6zZ.png

n97PrIE.png

Pricing is still a little T.B.D. but we are looking to offer the Khaya 4 in two configurations (weekender + Prime) with similar costings to the Khaya 2.

For a closer look check out this video from last week from a ZA camper rental company GoCamp.

Bd5X1Qh.png

So i spoke with RinO and here are some answers to these questions:

- There is not an insulating/winter package option available, but the fabric is double-layer and the roof has an insulation layer below the aluminum. RinO said their experiences in cold weather with the Khaya have been comfortable. If you get the heater option, I'd guess you're going to be pretty comfy, but I'm just speculating here.

- The windows have a fine mesh and a tent-fabric layer. There are no clear-plastic windows. RinO said in rain, they are able to open the rear tent window partially to allow a good amount of light/ventilation. The awning over the rear window prevents any rain from entering.

- I didn't see any detailed pics of the interior of the base model to get a good look at mounting hardpoints, but according to RinO, there are mounting rails on the interior extrusions.

Hope these answers help others.

Good chatting and sorry again for the delay! The best refrence for the interior t slot would be the MSO camper i feel I will see if i can dig up any still images of it.

Hey @rino , is that the side prep table we have been discussing?

TODDqu4.png

Yes sir! :) proper right?!

Last edited:

PacingTheCage

Sorry for the delay guys!

I was able to check out the Khaya 4 this past trip to Cape Town before the holiday, it is super impressive. It basically takes the concept of the Ossewa (4 sleeper / 90% outside living) and packs that punch into a slide in camper on a 5' mid-size truck. Basically inside you have the essentials for accommodating 4 people, an 80l water tank/pump/heater, diesel hot air furnace, outside hot shower, a massive 90l National Luna fridge freezer, 4 Front Runner Chairs, an inside fold down stove and table, a sink with power faucet, room for 4 Wolf Pack Ammo boxes and a fold down bed configuration allowing a sleeping platform down below that is 6' 3" long.

DcJH6zZ.png

n97PrIE.png

Pricing is still a little T.B.D. but we are looking to offer the Khaya 4 in two configurations (weekender + Prime) with similar costings to the Khaya 2.

For a closer look check out this video from last week from a ZA camper rental company GoCamp.

Bd5X1Qh.png

Good chatting and sorry again for the delay! The best refrence for the interior t slot would be the MSO camper i feel I will see if i can dig up any still images of it.

TODDqu4.png

Yes sir! :) proper right?!

Thanks for the information! You say kid bed below. What are those dimensions? Too small for an adult?

Dimensions for upper and lower bed would be appreciated. Thanks!

JP-ADV

Looks like my Khaya 2 will hit the water this week!! We are so excited for this :)
I'd love to hear about what options you got and what you learned researching them. I'm close to making my order and just going back and forth on some of the options. That's great that yours is on the way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles