I broke my partner steel stove.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I set a disposable plastic bowl of Yummy Chicken noodle soup on a burner that was not cooled down enough. Big melted mess. I poped it apart and it cleaned right up but this trip it’s not burning. The burner looks clean ??
Can I field fix it or wait to soak it at home?
2580B3A7-3D8E-4169-959F-E104B64A4226.jpeg

robert

Expedition Leader
Assuming some of the small holes are clogged and that the burner unscrews, why not take it apart and heat it up with a torch, the other burner, some source of fire to melt the plastic and get it to flow out? MEK (available at Lowe's/HD) will melt a lot of plastics so that's an option. Don't get it on you or inhale it but it volatilizes quickly.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
6B687E02-322B-4250-85C5-CCF9E7B6B7EA.jpeg6B687E02-322B-4250-85C5-CCF9E7B6B7EA.jpeg
Stump...any update?

Does the burner come off?

Wonder if PS would sell you a burner.

The whole burner grill assemble lifts right out but does not come apart.

I uses a welding torch tip cleaning tool (small wire) and cleaned out all the burner holes. It burns evenly thru all the holes now but has a yellow flame. The pics make it look more dramatic but its either getting too much or not enough air. I blew it out with the air compressor but no change.
BBAE11B1-C619-46A4-8B6E-C30BDACD4CA5.jpeg

It’s burning right now and I’m going to let it cook for a while to see if it will incinerate the blockage. You just can’t get into the burner so be careful with spills.

2EBC00B9-2489-453A-94CF-C1813F3FAF1A.jpeg

What used to be my favorite site I hardly visit anymore. I bought a new IPad and still can’t seem to fiqure out how to write a post, edit it and post pics in the right place. Its such a pita. I even droped my scrip to the rag because if I can’t enjoy the conversations on the topics then why get fustrated with them. I have no idea what this post will look like for example but had enough trouble writing it that you get the garbage out from the gabage in .sorry

JPaul

Observer
Get some acetone or MEK and soak the burner in it in a glass or stainless steel bowl, you probably still have residue inside that is causing the improper air/fuel ratio.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles