Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

MOD3RNFJ

Great setup! Tell us more about the sink and stove. ;)

Ha.. that's a bit of a Frankenstein job. The black base the slides are bolted to was simply thin gauge channel that I put together to create a box/frame. The sink/stove itself is, I believe, an older Dometic model I got at garage sale. I had to use a grinder to cut the perimeter to fit the width of the Scout. I used black trim to clean it up a bit. The slides are just 36 in lock in/lock out slides off the internet.

honda250xtitan

Should be this one

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Rev-A-Shelf-14-75-in-W-x-19-in-H-Metal-2-Tier-Pull-Out-Cabinet-Basket/3098649

Whole trailer is actually done, tested out on Friday night. Thirty solid evenings of planning and building, but it works. Gotta get a rear bumper built to offset tongue weight when the water tank is full, but everything worked great. 6 gallon water heater, 12v pump, Dometic fridge freezer, sink, stove, propane BBQ, inverter, dual deep cycle battery, and RV shower. Still some minor items to work on, but we are pretty much there!

View attachment 493596

Aint those the greatest pots/pans ever? I swear they're nice then the ones we have for at home.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
And to explain why, because it seems like wasted efforts for sure, everywhere I looked was out of stock on the correct sized bracket for that tank.

I hear you.
Personally I cant get myself to flip the 110 plus ship and now tax in CO for the bracket and will just make one from Carbon fiber..... :)
Your trailer looks amazing and functional.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
That sounds great! I was thinking about finding a nice spot East of I-17 instead of paying the $160 per person for camping on premise. It'd be me the wife and our two little ones.

Correct.
We did this two years ago. Found a little rv and campground that only charged about 20 or night for tent. Really good little mom and pop place. Took us just 15 minutes to the tuuuutttnknakkenplace..... ha.
It would be me, my wife and two girls 13 and 21.
Amazing what this little trailer can hold.
This could be very fun.
We stayed at Woody mountain campground

Last edited:
there's a nice KOA not the far from the expo. Dont know pricing, but i knew a few people that stayed there during the expo. I'll be out there again this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94