06 GX 470...Lot told me to make an offer

dcg141

Adventurer
186000 with none of the major service documented. Minor service was kept very well. Will not go forward so could be simple or a major rebuild. At minimum it needs all the major services done. I'm thinking a $3000 offer if they will take it. would love some opinions.

D

Deleted member 96197

You could probably part it out for more than $3k, so that seems like a safe offer in my book.

JLee

Adventurer
Depends on the reason for “will not go forward”. :)

lol somehow I missed that part. Yeah, that could be expensive if you're outsourcing the repair. You can get used transmissions on car-part for ~$500, which wouldn't be the end of the world unless labor dramatically shifted the equation. Transfer cases are significantly more expensive.

dcg141

Adventurer
You can find used transmissions for $1200 to $1500 online with free shipping nationwide. Called a a local shop I use and he said $600 for an install with new filter and fluid. So running your at 5 grand with all of the major service left. That's a decent deal but after that your creeping up close to regular retail so not a bargain. Problem is they are not going for the deal. I used to buy SUV's like this easily for $2000 and under and fix them. There are just not many bargains left out there in used vehicles anymore. They have a 13 yo unit with a lunched tranny closing in on 200000 miles and won't take 3 grand....wow. I think GX 470's are no longer under the radar anymore.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles