***SOLD*** 2013 Nissan NV 4x4 Campervan ***Price Reduced***

JackAttack13

Observer
The Story
Last year my wife and I decided that we were going to hit the road and explore this great country we live in, so we scoured the internet in search of our next adventure vehicle. This led us to this van, which fit the bill of everything we were looking for. The interior build was incomplete at the time, the PO was looking for someone to put in the legwork and finish it out, and we were up to the task. Over the past 1.5 years of owning the van, we have finished and fine-tuned the interior to better suit our needs, which included experimenting with various water heaters, installing better insulation in the van after a few frigid nights in the van, and adding a few more creature comforts.
The van is truly an amazing build that will take you virtually anywhere you would want to take a van. The mountains, the desert, wherever you may want to go to get off the grid. If you are looking for a one of a kind vehicle that will get you out on the road, this turn-key rig is it! Top shelf components used for the entire build to ensure long life and dependability.
This van has been featured online, in magazines, and displayed at off-road Expo’s. If you want a truly unique vehicle, look no further. My wife and I have shifted our priorities and are now wanting to pass this amazing vehicle on to someone who will truly love and appreciate the uniqueness of this van.
The Skinny:
2013 Nissan NV 3500 HD High Top Cargo Van
Currently 53,XXX
5.6 V8 gas engine – 25gal factory fuel tank
4x4 Conversion by Advanced Four Wheel Drive in March 2014
Windows by Colorado Camper Van in July 2014
Pop-Top by Colorado Camper Van in July 2014 (with the arctic insulation option)
Front & Rear Bumpers by Aluminess in fall of 2014
Warn 16.5Ti Winch by Aluminess in fall of 2014
Stock Steel Wheels powder coated black
Changed factory tires to (5) BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A LT285/70R17 @ 3,500 miles
Changed the BFG's to (4) Nitto Terra Grappler LT285/70R17 @ 34,000 miles
The 5th BFG is still the spare; never used
Body modification & propane tank by Jerry November 2014
Icon Coilovers and 2.5” Titan Lift Blocks installed by Nisstec Lifts provides 2.5” of lift over stock
Firestone Rear Airbags installed by Nisstec Lifts

Power:
250amp American Power Alternator (Rebuilt Last Oct. 2018)
Odyssey AGM Starting Battery
(2) Lifeline 8D Coach Batteries – 510ah total
Sterling 120amp Battery to Battery Charging Controller – 120amps to coach batteries
(3) 100watt Solar Panels w/ Bogart Engineering Controller
Progressive Industries 30amp Shore Power Controller
Sterling 2500watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter with 70amp DC charging
Bogart Engineering DC Charge Monitor
Seven AC Power Breakers
Seven DC Power Breakers
One 450amp and One 500amp DC Routing Switches
(2) Switch-Pros Switch Panel Power Systems (16 circuits total)
3.3gal Propane Tank

Comfort:
7500 BTU Dometic Air Conditioner with Heat Strip; split system with condenser under van; can run off batteries or shore power
Propex HS2800 LP Furnace
3 Gallon 120V Whale Hot Water Heater
Fridge Slide that fits all common 50
Nature's Head Composting Toilet
38gal Fresh Water Supply Tank (inside van)
18gal Gray Water Waste Tank (underneath van)
All drawers lock-in / lock-out
Shower Enclosure (outdoor shower as well)
ElectroSense Water Level Gauge
Rotating Passenger Seat
LED Lighting throughout to ensure minimal power draw
Dual insulation Thinsulate / Low-E Reflective insulation

Extras:
Yaesu 8900 Ham Radio
Cobra CB Radio
Wilson Cellular Amplifier

Sale Price:
I have ALL of the receipts and manuals. I have all of the maintenance and service records too. Basically the receipt box totals more than $110,000. Not counting labor. I've started all listings that require an asking price with a price of $60,000 OBO.

Attachments

• 20180110_162543.jpg
    20180110_162543.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,264
  • Bed.jpg
    Bed.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,320
  • Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 3,394
  • Van 1.jpg
    Van 1.jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 4,005
  • Van 2.jpg
    Van 2.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 11,338
  • 20180110_163036.jpg
    20180110_163036.jpg
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 3,281
  • Van 3.jpg
    Van 3.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 7,426
Last edited:

JackAttack13

Observer
I know the original owner and he is a very detail oriented guy who doesn’t cut corners. It’s a really nice rig. The great thing is you could fully stand up even without the pop-top up.

Current owners actually parked next to me at a San Diego van meet once and I was able to tell them I had camped next to their van many times (y). Good luck with the sale.
Eric

I will agree 100 percent. No corners were cut at all with this build. All top notch components and materials were used.

whitenoise

Adventurer
Nice van, good luck with the sale! Not sure why these NVs are so under-appreciated. It checks all the boxes for a rugged durable camper-van - its the only body-on-frame van with a factory high roof, uses all 3/4 or 1 ton components in the driveline with or without 4x4, can fit 35" tires without too much trouble, and has had the least number of recalls over 6 years of production. From a safety standpoint one could argue that the truck-like snout adds a lot more crush space for frontal collision, and is thus safer, while still having around 10 feet of interior length behind the driver's seat. This is very similar to a short-wheelbase Transit or Sprinter.

Sure, there's no factory diesel but IMO diesels are over-rated in enthusiast circles which helps their resale value. The cost vs benefit just does not make much sense at current and forecasted future fuel prices. For example, over a 100k mile period, the diesel will be only $5k cheaper at $3/gal and a 5 mpg advantage, and this is easily reduced to half by DEF and higher maintenance cost.

Anyway, sorry for the thread hijack but I strongly feel these vehicles are under-valued for what they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles