2018 Ram 3500 Expedition Family Adventure Vehicle

overactor

Observer
Nice attention to detail! I don't care much for the arb bumper on a ram, but your finish work makes it look very nice!

Kingsize24

Black wheels look good! :)

Thanks! I don't like them on everything, but for a white truck I think it is appropriate.

Nice attention to detail! I don't care much for the arb bumper on a ram, but your finish work makes it look very nice!

Thank you very much for the kind words. The detail stuff is what takes the longest, and is the most frustrating when trying to make it perfect. But, it is worth it in the end since the function of each item when needed is flawless.

So... A bit of an update. I have ordered my A.R.E. DCU Max, (two weeks ago actually) and according to the local dealer it should be here early to mid January. It will have side boxes, and will be fully insulated and carpeted inside, and will have the double doors where the tailgate is removed. I also ordered a low profile bed slide. I ended up purchasing the 2200lb, 100% slide out, part# CG2200XL-7548-LP. I plan on trying to make my own rack on the slide similar to Extendobeds racks as shown in the picture below. It may take some time to build, but I believe it will be the best way forward for cargo organization. I also have a trailer coming in that I will be towing for our ventures this next year. It will replace our current trailer, and I will be adding a RTT for the boys on this one as well. I also plan on a trailer build thread for it once it comes in, and will link that to here as well.

On to the pics!

New-Header-1.gif566254918.jpg566254977.jpgIMG_2374.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Thanks! I don't like them on everything, but for a white truck I think it is appropriate.

Thank you very much for the kind words. The detail stuff is what takes the longest, and is the most frustrating when trying to make it perfect. But, it is worth it in the end since the function of each item when needed is flawless.

So... A bit of an update. I have ordered my A.R.E. DCU Max, (two weeks ago actually) and according to the local dealer it should be here early to mid January. It will have side boxes, and will be fully insulated and carpeted inside, and will have the double doors where the tailgate is removed. I also ordered a low profile bed slide. I ended up purchasing the 2200lb, 100% slide out, part# CG2200XL-7548-LP. I plan on trying to make my own rack on the slide similar to Extendobeds racks as shown in the picture below. It may take some time to build, but I believe it will be the best way forward for cargo organization. I also have a trailer coming in that I will be towing for our ventures this next year. It will replace our current trailer, and I will be adding a RTT for the boys on this one as well. I also plan on a trailer build thread for it once it comes in, and will link that to here as well.

On to the pics!

View attachment 488432View attachment 488433View attachment 488434View attachment 488435

Looking forward to seeing your topper! And I am glad that one of us got one of the M1101 trailers home finally, it's definitely going to be a cool build out, congrats!

Kingsize24

Looking forward to seeing your topper! And I am glad that one of us got one of the M1101 trailers home finally, it's definitely going to be a cool build out, congrats!

Thank you for the heads up on it!

I look forward to seeing what direction you go as well.

Last edited:

ttengineer

Adventurer
Yes sir, that is correct. It is the smooth finish OE style BW Extendo flares. Not a fan at all of pocket style.

Completely agree on the “pocket style”. I actually thought about bondo-ing the “rivits” on the pocket flares to hide them and then linexing them because I think I’ll need the extra width of the pocket style with my zero offset wheels.

Can you post a picture showing how far they stick out from the front?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kingsize24

This is the best pic I can find without the ARB bumper that shows how much it sticks out with a stock bumper, or stock style like the AEV. And, one with the ARB on. Hopefully that helps. I do know it sticks out exactly the same amount as the large pocket style flares.

20180521_193841.jpg20180417_151257.jpg20180531_202950.jpg

Completely agree on the “pocket style”. I actually thought about bondo-ing the “rivits” on the pocket flares to hide them and then linexing them because I think I’ll need the extra width of the pocket style with my zero offset wheels.

Can you post a picture showing how far they stick out from the front?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kingsize24

the truck and trailer look awesome together!

Thanks brother! I appreciate it. I believe so too. I can't wait till the matching A.R.E. DCU Max topper comes in.

I didn’t get time to read everything, did a company build that trailer or did you find it like that?

Actually, Tex68 on here turned me on to it. It is a NOS M1101 with a topper made by Access Manufacturing. A guy in California had it, and I tossed it around for nearly two months before finally pulling the trigger. While it may not be the perfect combo for someone else, I think it will serve my family well.

I plan on adding a full rack up top with the RTT folding to the rear of the trailer. That way I can add 180 degree awnings to both sides, and the annex under the RTT when folding out will make a nice spot to get out into in the mornings. We have young boys, and the ability to have us a place to sleep down in the trailer, the annex, and the RTT all connected and close together is important.

Jason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles