TerraLiner:12 m Globally Mobile Beach House/Class-A Crossover w 6x6 Hybrid Drivetrain

biotect

Designer
Links to new TerraLiner forum off-site (separate from ExPo) will appear here. Grabbing this posting space, just in case I need it. 2

biotect

Designer
Links to new TerraLiner forum off-site (separate from ExPo) will appear here. Grabbing this posting space, just in case I need it. 3

biotect

Designer
Links to new TerraLiner forum off-site (separate from ExPo) will appear here. Grabbing this posting space, just in case I need it. 4

biotect

Designer
Links to new TerraLiner forum off-site (separate from ExPo) will appear here. Grabbing this posting space, just in case I need it. 5

biotect

Designer
Links to new “Overlanding Ethics” subforum off-site (seperate from ExPo) will appear here. Grabbing this posting space, just in case I need it. 2

biotect

Designer
Links to new “Overlanding Ethics” subforum off-site (seperate from ExPo) will appear here. Grabbing this posting space, just in case I need it. 3

biotect

Designer
Links to new “Overlanding Ethics” subforum off-site (seperate from ExPo) will appear here. Grabbing this posting space, just in case I need it. 4

biotect

Designer
Links to new “Overlanding Ethics” subforum off-site (seperate from ExPo) will appear here. Grabbing this posting space, just in case I need it. 5

biotect

Designer
Links to new “Overlanding Ethics” subforum off-site (seperate from ExPo) will appear here. Grabbing this posting space, just in case I need it. 6

adam88

Explorer
Electrical advances have changed the landscape. Soon, Tesla will be releasing a semi truck with 200 kWh of battery capacity.

biotect

Designer
Hi Adam,

Yes, absolutely. That’s what we’ve all been waiting for!

Have you checked out the all-electric motorhome concept that Dethleffs showed at Dusseldorf in 2017? The engine is electric, but the solar cells don’t charge the engine’s batteries — not enough power yet. Even still, they produce 3 KW, so enough to completely power the camper. The camper itself contains many of the technologies discussed in this thread, including far-infrared panel heating, the kind used on French TGV trains. Some motorhome manufacturers are really beginning to “think through” what would be required to create a completely autonomous, all-electric motorhome.

See post #137 and following, at https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...avel-by-motorhome.124725/page-10#post-2561406 .

All best wishes,

Biotect

Last edited:

Corkster

Hi Adam,

Yes, absolutely. That’s what we’ve all been waiting for!

Have you checked out the all-electric motorhome concept that Dethleffs showed at Dusseldorf in 2017? The engine is electric, but the solar cells don’t charge the engine’s batteries — not enough power yet. Even still, they produce 3000 KW, so enough to completely power the camper. The camper itself contains many of the technologies discussed in this thread, including far-infrared panel heating, the kind used on French TGV trains. Some motorhome manufacturers are really beginning to “think through” what would be required to create a completely autonomous, all-electric motorhome.

See post #137 and following, at https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...avel-by-motorhome.124725/page-10#post-2561406 .

All best wishes,

Biotect

you might want to check your math, 3000 kW is not feasible. I think you meant 3000W or 3kW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles