Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Think Ursa will make one for the new Gladiator? Or will the separate box in the back prevent that?

John has said a few times he will, though I'm also interested to see how he will handle the required separation of the box from the cab.
I'm certain he'll come up with something!

-Dan

JB30

Has anyone had any luck - and thus advice - on blacking out the front clasps? I know I'm crazy, but it drives me nuts to have everything black except those two shiny bits screaming out for attention at the front.

A random guy I was talking to suggested gun bluing, which is kinda interesting, but from my quick YouTube research that requires heating the metal up quite a bit. I'm assuming getting those clasps on and off would be a pain in the ********....

Ultralite

Adventurer
John has said a few times he will, though I'm also interested to see how he will handle the required separation of the box from the cab.
I'm certain he'll come up with something!

-Dan

I don’t doubt it. I’ll leave it to the experts but it seems at a certain length, flex might become an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDaPP

Adventurer
Has anyone had any luck - and thus advice - on blacking out the front clasps? I know I'm crazy, but it drives me nuts to have everything black except those two shiny bits screaming out for attention at the front.

A random guy I was talking to suggested gun bluing, which is kinda interesting, but from my quick YouTube research that requires heating the metal up quite a bit. I'm assuming getting those clasps on and off would be a pain in the ********....
I just spray painted them with rustoleum. Gets scratched pretty easy but overall it has held up.

rustypayne

Nearly a month after getting my top I noticed that the front drivers clasp was getting really loose. Popped the top and looked to find that nothing was on the other end of the bolts, checked the passenger side and found the same thing. If they had a nut on them it had come off but since all 4 were missing I doubt it ever had any. I happened to have some nylock nuts in my tool bag and it was an easy fix. Just pop the top and everything is easily accessible. I probably should have contacted John but just did the fix and moved on.

IMG_0207.JPG

JB30

Nearly a month after getting my top I noticed that the front drivers clasp was getting really loose. Popped the top and looked to find that nothing was on the other end of the bolts, checked the passenger side and found the same thing. If they had a nut on them it had come off but since all 4 were missing I doubt it ever had any. I happened to have some nylock nuts in my tool bag and it was an easy fix. Just pop the top and everything is easily accessible. I probably should have contacted John but just did the fix and moved on.

View attachment 487736
Yikes. Good heads up for the rest of us. Hope you were able to seal the cracks somehow?

rustypayne

It happened at the start of our TAT trip so I just used some caulking I had in my bag. I take care not to over tension it when snapping it down but I haven't rechecked it since being home so that needs to go on my to-do list.

I had to drive from Michigan to San Diego and John called the house but I'd already left so I didn't get the message that there was a delay. Because of that they busted ****** to get it ready and this just got missed. I'm appreciative of them doing everything to get me going on a Friday so I didn't have to spring for a San Diego hotel all weekend. Overall I have nothing but good to say about my top in general in spite of this mistake. It could have been very serious but luckily was only a hiccup.

JB30

Anyone know where to source a ladder like this? (annoyingly I saved the image during the months of lusting after a J30, but have no clue where it came from)

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 10.36.04 AM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94