Side-mount Jerry can holders

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Has anyone spotted any of these that will mount to the JL?
As soon as I can get my hands on a JL to do some measurements, I'll do a JL version of the side mounts and turn it over to MORryde for production.

MORryde is very interested in getting a JL version on the market, they've sold lots of the JK version (it's their #3 selling product).

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Spotted at Overland East yesterday, a JKU with one of the MORryde side mounts...

OverlandSideMount_zpsd5v9adyx.jpg

Grak

Well, if you ever find yourself in AZ, I will drive my JL over. These would come in really handy at the moment. Cheers

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Well, if you ever find yourself in AZ, I will drive my JL over. These would come in really handy at the moment. Cheers
Thanks. I probably won't be there until Overland West next year, hopefully the problem will be solved by then.

Another way to solve it - anyone with a JL near Elkhart, Indiana? You could drop by the MORryde shop for them to take some measurements and I'm sure they'd be happy to give you a set of the final product to thank you for helping. They've got a few other JK products they want to adapt to JL, could be a good deal for someone in the area.

akpostal

Adventurer
I pulled my passenger plate but kept the drivers side on to mount my CB antenna. Need to get it grounded a little better to get the SWR down.

JK-CB-0001.jpg

agent00111

I did the morryde jerry can holder as well. Oddly, the nylon lock nuts were not the right thread for the bolts but other than that it’s awesome. Good mount point for ham radio antenna to boot! I will get one for passenger side as well.

4deeb777390b42b1702c13a38fac155e.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I did the morryde jerry can holder as well. Oddly, the nylon lock nuts were not the right thread for the bolts but other than that it’s awesome. Good mount point for ham radio antenna to boot! I will get one for passenger side as well.

4deeb777390b42b1702c13a38fac155e.jpg
Looks good! I forwarded a link to your post to MORryde so they can look into the bolt/nut mismatch, many of these are in the field and this is the first I've heard of this so it must be an isolated packing issue. Thanks for bringing it up.
jeff

MattJ

Adventurer
I attached some magnets to a 12v marine pump that Jeff recommended so that I can use my jerry cans in the bracket for showering and washing dishes. I can snap the pump on/off the bracket very quickly with the magnet mounts.

y4moFWJJ5XlfRHJKUL3c9Vq0edXHyJw6GphlqjqbpNgM1wyMwGbmeCyS2b2HnXwOK5VrQzzI6uiaNc0EOatQyAvbxrTXAANppbTA5Hhy6tLT4s2PDmj8ZquHb7JpPWTkIjbTAU8xnI-1Dpce1JF9pzajg2gt9Gau0EV_p9kjUxQ4m9AnoBudJUguwO6YZ199bzYU4PfkL3D85Sj6Uq2yMqC1g

By the way, if you look closely in this photo you can see where my tube steps have been crushed up into my body panel by repeated rock strikes. I learned that hard way that tube steps look great and make it easy for kids to get in the Jeep, but don't offer the same protection as frame-mounted rock sliders.

JDaPP

Adventurer
I attached some magnets to a 12v marine pump that Jeff recommended so that I can use my jerry cans in the bracket for showering and washing dishes. I can snap the pump on/off the bracket very quickly with the magnet mounts.

y4moFWJJ5XlfRHJKUL3c9Vq0edXHyJw6GphlqjqbpNgM1wyMwGbmeCyS2b2HnXwOK5VrQzzI6uiaNc0EOatQyAvbxrTXAANppbTA5Hhy6tLT4s2PDmj8ZquHb7JpPWTkIjbTAU8xnI-1Dpce1JF9pzajg2gt9Gau0EV_p9kjUxQ4m9AnoBudJUguwO6YZ199bzYU4PfkL3D85Sj6Uq2yMqC1g

By the way, if you look closely in this photo you can see where my tube steps have been crushed up into my body panel by repeated rock strikes. I learned that hard way that tube steps look great and make it easy for kids to get in the Jeep, but don't offer the same protection as frame-mounted rock sliders.
How did you mount the magnets to the pump?

MattJ

Adventurer
How did you mount the magnets to the pump?

See below: I bought disc magnets that were made with a center hole so I could bolt them to the pump feet. I also cut a disc out of thin rubber and layered it below the magnets, in case I wanted to snap the pump onto the body of the Jeep (or any other surface that I didn't want to scratch).

y4m5WID-01HboIo-_RAnz0gKNY5sQTdavnshssWIDvsRXLfoYdNeUPxBz17-Vt6z1cWJCYQfRNzXJyTZT4SA4DmBB1KdRM1jiPb9TriOOYzT63NhIvFRhhqCv0vRWaebdqIIcKXc9vuctYYIYoUMBw4s60VUq2JaxoCaltzZusCLc7p_sQIb8H0uHKqSVC0jVaOz7Ap5pKpDg86IIN-BIKegg

MattJ

Adventurer
I pulled my passenger plate but kept the drivers side on to mount my CB antenna. Need to get it grounded a little better to get the SWR down.

View attachment 483209

I am jealous of that convenient Rotopax mount! Like you, I use my MORryde bracket as my CB antenna mounting point, so I decided to install big 3/8" rivnuts that let me remove the bracket shelf and still have my CB antenna mounted. Most of the time, I'm using my CB for off-road trail runs. On those days, I certainly don't carry extra water and need as much clearance on either side of the vehicle as possible due to tight rock formations, trees, off camber trails, etc.

y4mQHq_Z2lBkXPU9oy6KdkKlrEISs1MG9SiUxSgiAzbBH0I1Ojk34IsfkkBMfbo0Y1GMANF-JdBcFT2SCHFjozupgvaRv3-dFjUz1lvSA9vIpXNqca6e3Imm9ofiuk5pXm86rHc87XboFYf-pqbbvx4_Ga5I0PlKr8oYD0xRvNdznQtT1tdBDEFD3EGtnH1nwmPe5RP-oBs0gJbY3_skGAUMA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles