Help finding a subframe building near toronto ontario Canada

cameronsturgess

Could anyone suggest a subframe builder near toronto please ? I would like to put a total composites box on top of a fuso FG140 and need a subframe. I tried gincor/durabody however they can’t so the build as it is out of their area of expertise (boxes that are rigidly attached to trucks). Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks. Cameron.

Greenbarn

My experience is this is out of everyone in Canada’s expertise. I had to do the research myself get a spring maker to make the springs then I found a small local fabricator to take it on. This has not been a quick process.

cameronsturgess

Buy yourself a mig welder and do it your self.....
An excuse to buy a mug welding !! :) I would love to weld this up myself ;) The question is how would I get the truck safety certified and insured assuming I built it myself ? Any suggestions on this would be awesome !!

cameronsturgess

My experience is this is out of everyone in Canada’s expertise. I had to do the research myself get a spring maker to make the springs then I found a small local fabricator to take it on. This has not been a quick process.
Greenbarn. I would love to know how you plan on getting the vehicle certified and insured :)

Greenbarn

Mine is uses from Alberta and I have done the inspections to have is registered as non commercial. I will have a removable camper and my insurance agent informs me it is just an issue of the load.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Could anyone suggest a subframe builder near toronto please ? I would like to put a total composites box on top of a fuso FG140 and need a subframe. I tried gincor/durabody however they can’t so the build as it is out of their area of expertise (boxes that are rigidly attached to trucks). Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks. Cameron.
We have another customer from Ontario getting a Total Composites camper including subframe assembled in BC. Although I can't speak for our commercial customer, but it's maybe worth contacting ITB in Surrey BC. When you get the box and subframe build there, they will be able to make everything road legal.

cameronsturgess

Thanks. I am in contact with jetstreaming and understand ITB is doing his build. I was hoping to find someone local that could do the build here rather than other side of country. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Grassland

Surprised there is nothing in Ontario, seeing the large amount of manufacturing that goes on there.
I come from the prairies where everything is on the west coast or in Eastern Ontario.
I am going to reach out to ArcLab in Winnipeg, they were completing moving shops, but appear to be attempting a camper build with Total Composites product.

Victorian

Surprised there is nothing in Ontario, seeing the large amount of manufacturing that goes on there.
I come from the prairies where everything is on the west coast or in Eastern Ontario.
I am going to reach out to ArcLab in Winnipeg, they were completing moving shops, but appear to be attempting a camper build with Total Composites product.
Arclab in Winnipeg is an excellent address! Good luck.

Jo_Duval

Observer
Arclab has some nice looking work!

There has to be some body builders in the Toronto area...

Take a look at cube vans and look for the manufacturer sticker on them call those people.

Victorian

Arclab has some nice looking work!

There has to be some body builders in the Toronto area...

Take a look at cube vans and look for the manufacturer sticker on them call those people.

Regular truck body builders usually have no clue about subframes for expedition trucks. I would always go with someone that has a track record.... I have seen too many failed "torsion free" mounts....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles