Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Railvan

Adventurer
I've been working on rebuilding the poptop on my Sportsmobile since early spring when I discovered a crack in the fiberglass top. After I found the crack, one of the solar panels was stolen and that left 4 holes going through the roof. Water damage from the open holes resulted in the door skin (plywood) ceiling needing to being removed and replaced. All repairs have been done to the fiberglass top, Raptorliner was sprayed over the top, and two new 150 watt panels have been mounted. I just need to finish making new ceiling panels and mounting LED puck lights and the project will be done. This photo was two weeks ago showing the outside, which is finished.

Attachments

• smb top 1400.jpg
    smb top 1400.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 88

RubeGoldberg

Need to get a proper build thread started... but here's my 2018 Mercedes Sprinter 144 Cargo

i-z2LqqzX-XL.jpg

Still have the Jeep.

i-5Kxpfcz-XL.jpg

Fruita, CO.
i-x7gkgFv-XL.jpg

Buena Vista, CO.

Byzantine51

2000 AWD ASSTRO lifted 4” and is our 3-4 day getaway vehicle. Just had the interior finished by a super talented friend. This guy is awesome and love the work he’s done. Two Mtn bikes two people one dog friendly. Sleep, eat, bike repeat. View attachment 485098View attachment 485099View attachment 485100View attachment 485101
Does that bench/couch seat fold up to become part of the bed platform? If so that's an INCREDIBLY slick idea and I'm going to have to try to reverse engineer it. Nice rig!

Does that bench/couch seat fold up to become part of the bed platform? If so that's an INCREDIBLY slick idea and I'm going to have to try to reverse engineer it. Nice rig!
There is a bed shelf that slides out into place. Held up by a single footer in the middle. Wooden lips on either end to support it. When the slider is back in place there is a small 2” hole for the support foot. So slick that does not move at all once in place.

Gooseberry

Explorer
Ok just was on the phone with rawhyde and this is way more then a Sportsmobile weekend. You have group events and training along with entertainment and food for the event. They do a great job on the moto side to get people out using the bike and now are doing it for off road vans. Yes you do not need to have a Sportsmobile to attend but a want to have fun.

https://rawhyde-offroad.com/events/adventure-days/adventure-days-sportsmobile/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It does in a way slide out. The bench seat stays put and a shelf slides out and has a single footer to hold it up in the middle. Under the bench is storage for tools, shovel, axe and a few other miscellaneous items. When in bed mode it will support us both perfect. We are not that heavy and the dog is 11lbs(our cat ways more than he does). Most of the bad area was made with Birch so it smells amazing in the van right now. The flooring was a used Pergo from habitat for Humanity store. I do not have the talent this gentleman has so I would rather pay the talent then ******** it in some ************ way. Now I need to lift the rear a bit more as she’s sagging almost two inches more then the front. 1B817892-323E-493C-9C53-DAB3A34F802C.jpeg

6door74

Here's my 2006 E350 V10

IMG_20180630_153817.jpg

It's a 2WD with LSD but I'd like to make it a little more capable to leave the pavement. Nothing crazy but just something to venture a bit. I'd really like to do some beach driving but it doesn't look like that's possible without having 4x4.

This was us loaded up in the Smokies this past summer
0816181832a~2.jpg

This was our first van which we bought to drive from NY to NV in 2012. We were taking a family vacation and wanted to do something different than Disney. Plus I promised my daughter I'd take her to Vegas next time i went. Accidentally ended up in Moab as we were just checking out sites along the route making it as much of a real road trip as we could. Knowing what I know now and having somewhat more resources, (to include time and $$) I'd like to get out and do more of this but planned. My 2 oldest are in college and my youngest in HS. My wife and i became parents in HS so I feel like we're trying to make up for lost time with them. Even if they have no interest or are too busy for us, we still want to get out and see the world. Make up for a little lost time of our own. I still have the van and am considering if it's possible to make this 4x4. That way if i mess it up, at least it's not the "new" van.

P1060926.JPG

Jumped out at a red light just to take this picture. I bet i looked silly back then. Today, not so much. :ROFLMAO:
0300409654965119905223092123745.JPG

I'm down in the DMV area now. If anyone knows of trails or sites that i can get to in the Ford, feel free to let me know. We just picked up a 4x4 Jeep Compass so i think we can at least do beaches in Assateague or Outer Banks with that. I've got some A/T tires on order as I write this. We weren't able to get the travel trailer yet and the van is just sitting in the driveway most days. Would like to put it to use whenever I can. It only has 62k miles!

86scotty

Cynic
That is a most handsome V10 wagon. I love them just like that. I'd be tempted to convert it to 4x4 but that just opens the floodgates of conversion. You can get on the beach with it. Get a compressor to re-air your tires and drop them to 15 or so PSI and give it a go, just use common sense.

6door74

That is a most handsome V10 wagon. I love them just like that. I'd be tempted to convert it to 4x4 but that just opens the floodgates of conversion. You can get on the beach with it. Get a compressor to re-air your tires and drop them to 15 or so PSI and give it a go, just use common sense.

Thank you. Can't wait to really put it to use. The beach in Assateague require 4x4 as do the outer banks i believe. I'm not even familiar with other beaches I can drive on and I definitely won't be the one to just try one i come across. That will most certainly not end well! Based on what i've read in the forums, a compressor is certainly on my list of must have when traveling. I'd also like to get a spare tire carrier for the back but i'm not sure if my bike rack will still work with one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles