where are the Porsche cayenne expo builds?

Pangle

Wanderer
For what its worth, I have had a 11' and 13' Treg diesel and as far as im concerned its one of the best, most well rounded vehicles I have ever owned! If driven lightly you can go over 700 miles on a tank, which to me is an extreme advantage to any other set up..So that being said ill second, third, or forth the Cayenne Diesel...

73datsun

Awesome. Good tip on the aux lights. Now to do reading on where to tap power, install switches, etc.

You guys are awesome.

Cayenne-958-TDI

Awesome. Good tip on the aux lights. Now to do reading on where to tap power, install switches, etc.
You guys are awesome.
Look at the 'Meet Otis' post for aux tail light install. Went thru rubber boot next to tailgate hinge and tapped into the tail light harness. No seperate switch needed - they are on when ever I use turn signals, brake, or simply have running lights on.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
For what its worth, I have had a 11' and 13' Treg diesel and as far as im concerned its one of the best, most well rounded vehicles I have ever owned! If driven lightly you can go over 700 miles on a tank, which to me is an extreme advantage to any other set up..So that being said ill second, third, or forth the Cayenne Diesel...

Is yours "fixed," meaning neutered via Dieselgate?

Pangle

Wanderer
Is yours "fixed," meaning neutered via Dieselgate?
Yes! For sure it is NOT as good as the 2011 but overall still an incredible package. Not sure if anyone has noticed but the turbo lag since
'the fix" is horrible, esp witht the AC on. Once it is out of Warranty we will go ahead and get it tuned.... maybe before

73datsun

Yes! For sure it is NOT as good as the 2011 but overall still an incredible package. Not sure if anyone has noticed but the turbo lag since
'the fix" is horrible, esp witht the AC on. Once it is out of Warranty we will go ahead and get it tuned.... maybe before

Yeah I’ve been reading up on that. The BlueSpark set up sounds to be the ticket.

Cayenne-958-TDI

Ours 2013 diesel is not fixed - probably will never be.
Issue with 'tunes' is that I have never seen one that addresses both the engine tune & transmission.
Then there is the issue of whether the tune is for Pre or Post fix.
Tuners are reluctant, not willing to bare the wrath of EPA, CARB, etc to market what would be considered defeat devices/systems.
No need to duplicate the almost 6k posts on this issue at https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-958-2011-2018/894734-diesel-cayenne-and-vw-emission-issue.html

dreadlocks

Ours 2013 diesel is not fixed - probably will never be.
Issue with 'tunes' is that I have never seen one that addresses both the engine tune & transmission.
Then there is the issue of whether the tune is for Pre or Post fix.
Tuners are reluctant, not willing to bare the wrath of EPA, CARB, etc to market what would be considered defeat devices/systems.
No need to duplicate the almost 6k posts on this issue at https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-958-2011-2018/894734-diesel-cayenne-and-vw-emission-issue.html

there's a guy on AudiWorld who claims to have the ability to restore the tune on a 8spd Aisin (yrk2.7t@curbside), or alternatively you can find a salvage TCM w/same part number on ebay or something.. put it in, get it fixed, then put your original back..

I'm probably going to get mine finally fixed in the next few months, then use the money to buy a stage 2 tune, dpf/scr/egr delete, get the TCM fixed and then put on a front runner roof rack so I can carry a full sized spare and mount my ham antenna.. and still have some cash to burn.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles