LR3 Aux switch bezel

Sweet, making my order now! This will be a good solution for my never-ending console build.....lol

Must have missed the discount code! hahahahh

Abran

Observer
We wanted to do a discount, but decided to cut our margin and offer at s discounted price, that way we can blow through our stock faster.

@perkj I have a similar question as I am hoping that the one I ordered comes with two monitors which I will wire to the key and individual batteries. I am guessing on these since the design is to replace the ashtray and DC outlets, they should just plug into the existing outlets which are currently only powered with the key on.

I am considering a switch to both USB/Volt meters that will allow me to check battery voltage with a toggle ON/OFF regardless of key position. I figure if I am driving a flip of the switch to power the USB is easy enough to have the capability of switching ON/OFF to the outlets while I am parked and just want to check volts. Poor man's dual battery monitor if you will! lol

Abran

Observer
@Abran do the voltage meters stay powered all the time or only when ignition on?

If connected to the existing harness, the volt meter turns off with ignition and will show voltage for the main battery.

If you wire direct from secondary battery, voltage will be on constantly . I’m sure there is a way to wire to show with ignition on from secondary, but don’t know that answer now.

The draw is meager though. I can run a test to give actual draw.

Abran

Observer
@perkj I have a similar question as I am hoping that the one I ordered comes with two monitors which I will wire to the key and individual batteries. I am guessing on these since the design is to replace the ashtray and DC outlets, they should just plug into the existing outlets which are currently only powered with the key on.

I am considering a switch to both USB/Volt meters that will allow me to check battery voltage with a toggle ON/OFF regardless of key position. I figure if I am driving a flip of the switch to power the USB is easy enough to have the capability of switching ON/OFF to the outlets while I am parked and just want to check volts. Poor man's dual battery monitor if you will! lol

Your switch idea would be ideal for second battery, that way you can charge without having ignition on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles