2004 Sequoia (Project Baby Panda) - Adventure and Build Page

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Recently added to my fleet with a 2004 Sequoia 4x4
Goal is to build it similar but yet different than my 2004 Tundra. Taking everything I have learned and making it just as unique as my Tundra.
Unlike my tundra, where I slowly build it up to where it’s at now. I may just skip the baby steps and just do big leaps in mods. Big leaps mean big money so it maybe slow going lol

Paint was heavily oxidized so my buddy and I spent 11 hours doing a 5 step process in bring it back to better than new.

bd43cd8efefac54371df6756b38e5bd6.jpg
26090183ecf76d48626ebe419326fc68.jpg

Next to my 2004 Tundra
0cb07f92689afc22bded897b81be83c6.jpg

Also got a 2016 Tundra to play with as well.
539921a5a64470353bb6c0cd78942983.jpg

7b31e957efface8c23a87c932214e8c2.jpg

With a new build and trying to start up a small product line. As you can see my Tundra has my custom roof rack and the Sequoia will get the same treatment.

I got one roof rack kit left for the 2000-2006 Tundra Access Cab ready to ship if anyone is interested.

Sequoia is already undergoing prototyping

677c1434ddb99a26342b185af10fb7c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mulze22

Following. I'm sure you have seen Sal's rig. Interested to see what you do with it. What was the 5 step de-oxidation process you did?

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Following. I'm sure you have seen Sal's rig. Interested to see what you do with it. What was the 5 step de-oxidation process you did?

Yup. I seen Sal’s. He has done an amazing job with his.

Clay bar than these 4 bottles. The little 5th bottle was used on certain spots only.

cccc8404481022e595e2ad5a1a8d5eed.jpg

78ecfb3007f8cd02d686cb86d7f6d667.jpg

2c734f3d373ab8f1df11b8f5d33b0785.jpg

Here you can see the fender and that’s how the entire paint was. Compared to the door after just doing one buff on it.

Kpack

Adventurer
Think I need a new name than

Let's see....things that go with white: Moby ********, The White Whale, Cap'n Ahab, Stormtrooper, Pearl, White Flag of Surrender, White Cliffs of Dover, Ghost, Pale Horseman, etc.

In all seriousness though, white is my favorite color on a truck. The rescue you performed on the paint is phenomenal. I could certainly use that same regimen on my truck, but I seem to scratch the heck out of it every time I hit the trails. So I haven't bothered with that yet.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Let's see....things that go with white: Moby ********, The White Whale, Cap'n Ahab, Stormtrooper, Pearl, White Flag of Surrender, White Cliffs of Dover, Ghost, Pale Horseman, etc.

In all seriousness though, white is my favorite color on a truck. The rescue you performed on the paint is phenomenal. I could certainly use that same regimen on my truck, but I seem to scratch the heck out of it every time I hit the trails. So I haven't bothered with that yet.

Named changed.

My buddy wants to do my tundra too but I said it gets scratched up every trip. After seeing what he did to the sequoia. I want to see the tundra this clean for a short time lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MTGunner

MTGunner
Have been thinking about a Sequoia for some time now. Are there any real issues with the V8 4.7L engines, drive train,front and real differentials and the suspension that should be considered? Have seen many ‘04 and older that are within my price range and need information to make informed purchase. Not the concerned about fuel mileage as will be for local use, mild off roaming as such. Thanks for your input. MTG

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Have been thinking about a Sequoia for some time now. Are there any real issues with the V8 4.7L engines, drive train,front and real differentials and the suspension that should be considered? Have seen many ‘04 and older that are within my price range and need information to make informed purchase. Not the concerned about fuel mileage as will be for local use, mild off roaming as such. Thanks for your input. MTG

Solid motor and vehicle overall.

They do have common things but mainly just maintenance and premaintenance repairs.

With all my Toyota purchases I do a run down of all the common things. So for this one I'd do

Aisin Timing belt/ Water pump kit
Toyota pink Coolant
All fluid exchange
OEM Lower ball joints
Drivebelt
OEM intake and oil filters

CV boots if needed
Rack and Pinion if needed

Front diff is 7.5 and rear is 8.4 which is fine for almost anything. It's when you start getting into larger size tires and too much throttle. The front diff and or cv is the weak link. Other than that. I think these Sequoia are great all around overland off road camping rig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles