OVRLND camper topper

Has anyone put one of these on a Powerwagon? I've gotten myself a new one, and I'm considering my options for the bed. A Powerwagon is a ram 2500 with a ~6.5 foot bed, a factory winch, front and rear lockers, and coil springs on the rear axle.

This top looks interesting as it stays flat when opened, meaning I can put solar and radio antennas on top, where that won't work very well with a wedge due to the panels and antennas being at an angle when it's opened.

OVRLND Campers

Has anyone put one of these on a Powerwagon? I've gotten myself a new one, and I'm considering my options for the bed. A Powerwagon is a ram 2500 with a ~6.5 foot bed, a factory winch, front and rear lockers, and coil springs on the rear axle.

This top looks interesting as it stays flat when opened, meaning I can put solar and radio antennas on top, where that won't work very well with a wedge due to the panels and antennas being at an angle when it's opened.

I have yet to build one for a dodge. Tundra being build right now, then Gen 2 Tacoma, then there will be a Chevy 1500 Silverado. The Tundra and Chevy will be the first two full size through. Solar is not an issue at all. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email.

blupaddler

Conspirator
Looks fantastic. Add to that the fact I could put one on my longed Ram even better...

Is the cabover aspect that goes over the cab a set length or customizable? How much space is between the top over the cab? (looking to store surfboards length wise)
Any plans on an arctic pack like FWC for insulation on the canvas while popped up?

What's your current build number up to?

Thanks!

@Clutch some good board storage there

OVRLND Campers

Looks fantastic. Add to that the fact I could put one on my longed Ram even better...

Is the cabover aspect that goes over the cab a set length or customizable? How much space is between the top over the cab? (looking to store surfboards length wise)
Any plans on an arctic pack like FWC for insulation on the canvas while popped up?

What's your current build number up to?

Thanks!

@Clutch some good board storage there

The Cab over is usually a fixed length of 40.5", though I wont go longer I can easily go shorter. I have two orders coming through that are just a pop top camper shell with no cab over. Between the cabover and the cab of your truck I like to keep around 1.5"-2" of space for bed flex. I can make this higher no problem.

I can easily add a velcro strip arond the top of the camper during construction to mimic an arctic pack... then I can have some insulation liners made up or yo can have them sourced elsewhere.

Current builds are #6 (Gen 2 Tundra) and #7 (Gen 2 Taco).

Here are a few pics of the latest build put on last Sunday.

IMG_20181125_101100422_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181125_101304632_HDR.jpgIMG_20181125_100916838_HDR.jpgIMG_20181125_100939530_HDR.jpg

C-Fed

Is the fixed over-cab length a function of the strength of the overhanging aluminum? It would be nicer to have even just 6" more up there, but I suppose you have to draw the line somewhere.

I think I saw somewhere else that you use the VHB tape for your panel mounting, are the rivets there for extra strength?

OVRLND Campers

Is the fixed over-cab length a function of the strength of the overhanging aluminum? It would be nicer to have even just 6" more up there, but I suppose you have to draw the line somewhere.

I think I saw somewhere else that you use the VHB tape for your panel mounting, are the rivets there for extra strength?

You got it.... I wish it could be an option to put the full bed in the cab over section, but with it the resulting forces would be ridiculous. All of the calcs I have run for the design are with the 40.5" and offer a high factor of safety for my calculated weights. Again I am more than happy to go shorter if that is something someone is looking for.

We do use VHB to stick the panels on the side. We use the rivets to secure the trim pieces... FWC and ATC use trim pieces with sheet crews then cover them, but we like the aesthetic of the rivets. They also mechanically tie the whole camper together making it extremely robust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles