Snow Peak Addiction

WestWorld

Here’s a link to a blog about the “lounge set” and they specifically talk about using the grill inside. It’s designed for it.

https://m.blog.naver.com/snowpeakorea/200000381640

As I’m in Seoul, Korea this week, giddy to see if I can get over to “Snowpeak HQ Lounge” after meetings tomorrow!

Thanks for the link Chris! That is a nice setup. I was only joking about the CO issue :). The lounge tent looks pretty well ventilated. Hope SP decides to sell the table extensions in the US, I would get a couple of those.

SanJoe

I purchased the full on lounge set from Japan, including the lounge, BBQ, table half rounds and seating. Will post some photos and reviews when it arrives. Its interesting that its sold out in Japan. Par for the course for Snow Peak.

Mtbkers

Windscreens!

Nice find! For those interested, it looks like they also make windscreens as well (they/Google Translate call them "weather boards"). It looks like they also have some scratched ones for a reduced price (the "welfare goods" models - gotta love Google Translate), and they also make them for a 2-unit frame as well, besides the 3U and 4U frames.

Thanks for the info on the windshield. I ordered on Thursday and it turned up this morning. Amazingly fast shipping. Looks fantastic.

Attachments

• IMG_0428.jpg
    IMG_0428.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0433.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 153

dcg141

Adventurer
Got my new Flat Burners today. First impressions are pretty favorable. Three pieces: the stainless steel pan, the drop-in burner and hose, and the grate. Very simple, and robust. Will connect up with isopro and propane to see what the flame pattern looks like, as well as how it is at simmer and full heat, when I get a day off.

The only minor concern is that the black burner dish is slotted for some reason, so any pot that overflows will end up dripping on anything below the burner (I have one of the hanging racks I really like). Certainly not a deal breaker.

So far, much preferred over the Baja Burner for my needs. I also like that I can leave the stove legs at home; makes the package that much lighter.

Update: I measured between the grate "horns" for pan capacity; it's 9 inches, which is the same width from inside edge to edge of the stainless steel pan. However, the grate top seems pretty flush with the edge of the pan, so you're mainly limited by the "horns". Nice flame pattern, as with any SP stove.
Any idea what this is for?

Attachments

• BEED4A40-A181-44B4-9306-ACB29CC0AC82.jpeg
    BEED4A40-A181-44B4-9306-ACB29CC0AC82.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51

Riptide

Explorer
Any idea what this is for?
Ha ha ha!! I have no idea, either. I asked SP HQ, and they told me that it was to hang the burner control from, by dropping it into the slot the corners, then dropping the whole thing into the IGT frame. Which I said was baloney, since the burner control was designed to hang from the IGT frame track, which is MUCH more convenient than that little bracket.

The directions, which are not in English, make no mention of the little bracket. I don't know what the dimples are for, either.

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Thanks for the link Chris! That is a nice setup. I was only joking about the CO issue :). The lounge tent looks pretty well ventilated. Hope SP decides to sell the table extensions in the US, I would get a couple of those.

Ok, I did go full cheerleader and headed off to the “Snow Peak HQ Lounge” in Seoul last week. It was a 3 story showroom, albeit not that large on each floor, (maybe the size of an average American house floor). But this van was outside and clearly they were just packing for an outdoor trip. I wanted to steal that van!

360fb622321d087efd2af75a66f5ee15.jpg

1b22c91b40334566bf9a03436a7e1bb5.jpg

First floor was mostly apparel, but they had the new burner and some of the other 2018 IGT stuff on display, including a IGT3 with a windscreen. When I chuckled out loud, the “host” wondered what I found funny. I had to educate him what a “unicorn” was. They had this one and an IGT4 windscreen. If I thought I could carry it on the plane I probably would have grabbed it. They wouldn’t ship from this location to the US. They were surprised we couldn’t get some of this stuff...

2dfaae95f7c161b2f2485e6c630b4727.jpg

The 2nd floor was the “Outdoor Lifestyle Experience” and was all the kit we love. I spent about an hour or so going through everything on this floor and “experiencing” the place. I knew and had seen much of the stuff, but maybe not been able to handle it and ask questions.

579a685085607313b013e1b01505aa0d.jpg

As is our experience, a lot of what they had on display was “out of stock” but they had really good things in stock too. The coveted “lounge slide table” was out of stock there too. They said it’s very popular. They had some good stuff we don’t ever see like this 60th anniversary LandStation Pro shelter. I’ve drooled on this setup for a long time. Here it was and I could walk out with it! Too bad it was $1200 USD. No way I could justify that.

3542edf2c88412e66f27173da7788869.jpg

Fun to see how they setup an “outdoor lifestyle”. Yes that appears to be a baby chair.

0b0a345f8d9866f4c6a754d99e709539.jpg

ffef2749131ffa2d7a9f099fd244327d.jpg

The 3rd floor was another area where they could setup tents with a fake grass floor. They had a couple of the new 2018 dome tents setup here. It also serves as their “repair department”. I didn’t get a photo here, but I did have a long chat with the manager who was very curious about why I had come halfway across Seoul (much less the world!) to check out their shop. He and I exchanged photos on our phones on camping styles and locations. It was fun to explain that some us have embraced snow peak to a degree. He just thought we all RV’d in the US.

I showed him this thread and he had a good chuckle. It was fun to exchange he cultures and we all agreed that going to camp at the base of Mt Fuji was a dream we have... one of them had done it with SP HQ staff. That would be awesome.

Fun time, spending a little over 2 hours there. I did manage to bring back some soft bags, some short 300/400 legs, and some other small gear that I could fit in the a new SP soft tote for carry-on.

Trust me, if they would have had the lounge tables in stock, I would have been tempted to find a way to check those in as baggage!

Riptide

Explorer
Ok, I did go full cheerleader and headed off to the “Snow Peak HQ Lounge” in Seoul last week. It was a 3 story showroom, albeit not that large on each floor, (maybe the size of an average American house floor).

Fun time, spending a little over 2 hours there. I did manage to bring back some soft bags, some short 300/400 legs, and some other small gear that I could fit in the a new SP soft tote for carry-on.

Trust me, if they would have had the lounge tables in stock, I would have been tempted to find a way to check those in as baggage!

Man, what a great side trip!! I would have spent way too much money there, and hustled my butt down o Korea Post and shipped it all home!!

Thanks for sharing, Chris!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles