Tyvek Paper USGS Maps

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Hey everyone!

Let me spam you a quick minute, lol.

Just wanted to toss this out there if any of you are interested in also having paper maps as a backup. This was something that I was going to do a few years ago with my original mapping business, but held off on. Since reopening and rebranding myself, I decided to go forward with this. Basically, it's the standard USGS 7.5 minute Topo Quads that I am printing for a small fee. One of the types of paper that I am offering is the DuPont Tyvek. It's a pretty familar name to many of you. The maps printed on Tyvek is really sturdy and can take a lot more abuse than most of types of paper on the market.

Link to show durability

Here is a link to main sales page

Thanks for taking a look!

James / axlesandantennas.com

pluton

Adventurer
Good resource to know about.
Having a 17" wide inkjet printer on hand, I print mine on 17x22 (about 2/3 size, I think) on Epson Presentation Matte paper for a total net cost of about $1.50 each.

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Can you write on these and then clean them for future use like a laminate?
Hey, just saw this! I apologize for not seeing your question earlier.

I don't heat laminate the tyvek paper as it is not necessary. BUT....making marks on tyvek will be permanent. So in that case, it's best to order the map on regular paper with the lamination option. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles