What about engine powerstroke 6 liters?

abulbeka

Hello...it’s my first post in this forum and first of all I want show you my actual car...

50f76f360a981920a6ae6efb7eb5aee4.jpg

Buuuuuuut...I want to change and one of my possible options is a 2005 f350 with a Diesel engine powerstroke of 6 liters and 335 hp.

I do not know almost nothing about American cars and I would like what is your opinion about this car and engine.

Thanks in advance.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Unless it has been bullet proofed and that the owner can fully document that it has been bullet proofed completely, stay away from them.

Without many modifications the 6 liter is junk after about 120,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explorerinil

Observer
Stick with what you got, they are total junk unless all their known problems have been addressed by aftermarket parts.

abulbeka

Unless it has been bullet proofed and that the owner can fully document that it has been bullet proofed completely, stay away from them.

Without many modifications the 6 liter is junk after about 120,000 miles.

Wow...thanks!!!
What years and engines are the best for this car? I love it!

abulbeka

Stick with what you got, they are total junk unless all their known problems have been addressed by aftermarket parts.

Thanks Explorerinil, how I can know these issues and if was solved in this unit that I have located here in Spain?
There official revisions from Ford that solve these problems?

Thanks Explorerinil, how I can know these issues and if was solved in this unit that I have located here in Spain?

Ford does not have a solution for the issues this motor had. You will need to take the engine completely apart and put in new head studs as well as an upgrade head gasket and a new turbo. It’s a very expensive process to bulletproof a 6 liter. I would back up to a 7.3 or buy a newer 6.7.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
The cost of 6.0 repairs is a nice down payment on a new one. I've seen people dump over $10,000 fixing up 6.0's.

I avoid all of the new diesels if I can. Went gas on the last two trucks. I prefer the 6.2 and 6.8 engines in the Super Duties, with a healthy rear gear ratio. 4.56+.

abulbeka

Ford does not have a solution for the issues this motor had. You will need to take the engine completely apart and put in new head studs as well as an upgrade head gasket and a new turbo. It’s a very expensive process to bulletproof a 6 liter. I would back up to a 7.3 or buy a newer 6.7.

I understand that 6.4 with 350 hp of 2010 have the same problem?

D

Deleted member 9101

The cost of 6.0 repairs is a nice down payment on a new one. I've seen people dump over $10,000 fixing up 6.0's.

I avoid all of the new diesels if I can. Went gas on the last two trucks. I prefer the 6.2 and 6.8 engines in the Super Duties, with a healthy rear gear ratio. 4.56+.

I'm with this guy. The new diesel motors are costly to buy and even more costly to repair. Both of those go a loooong way towards buying fuel for a gas motor that's bullet proof.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
It isn’t impossible to run a 6.0 liter. I’ve put well over 100k on mine with only 3 major repairs, one of which was just stupid to have to do. Due to the opinions listed above, they can be had at a really nice discount over some of the others. However, if you don’t do your own work, or you can afford a few down days here and there, it could get expensive. I don’t think I would keep one as a pet outside North America.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
We service 1,000s of 6.0L. Yes they are definitely problematic. Most people don't bite the bullet and fix them right, which triples the dollars spent in the long run, but you guys would be suprised how many roll in with 250k and they are all original. Some just get lucky.

D

Deleted member 9101

We service 1,000s of 6.0L. Yes they are definitely problematic. Most people don't bite the bullet and fix them right, which triples the dollars spent in the long run, but you guys would be suprised how many roll in with 250k and they are all original. Some just get lucky.

My coworker has one with a little over 100k on it and he has not had any problems. He drives slow, maintains the hell out of it, and never modified it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles