U.S. alternative to Seitz top hinged windows

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Updated resources;

KCT is still around; http://www.kctechnik.com/en/index.html
All the "big players" seem to use them; http://www.kctechnik.com/en/retailers.html
(interestingly, the US dealer, GXV, refers to the KCT's as their own "Armor Vision" windows, so if you hear the name Armor Vision, know they're really KCT).

Outbound is still around; http://www.outbound.eu/en/index.php

EuroVision; http://aussietraveller.com.au/products/caravan-components/eurovision-windows

Can someone confirm details?;
KCT are dual pane(clear tempered safety glass), steel reinforced frame, what outer frame?
Outbound are dual pane(tinted glazed glass), aluminum window frame, fiberglass/polyester outer frame, built-in pressure system?
EuroVision are single pane(acrylic)?

Why would you buy from Australia if you can purchase from Artic Tern Windows in North America? The customer service and turn around times are outstanding.

Victorian

We have an order of Outbound windows coming in next month and I am happy to report on them when I have them, we are looking into being a NA distributor for them if we determine that they are a good alternative to other US available options. The other windows we use and can sell are polyvision, dual pane acrylic and similar quality to the seitz. The only rub is that they not come with a shade/screen system. There are some systems out there that we used but they tend to be more expensive than the windows. The advantage is that they are recessed or hidden in the wall panels so you don't end up with a bulky plastic window trim on the inside of the camper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Outbound is certainly a great product! We have a bunch of customers that use them. Interesting to see and hear how many builders like to become their dealers in North America :)

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Why would you buy from Australia if you can purchase from Artic Tern Windows in North America? The customer service and turn around times are outstanding.

Apologies, for some reason my computer wasn't pulling up Tern Overland so I thought they were out of business. Revised post above.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Outbound is certainly a great product! We have a bunch of customers that use them. Interesting to see and hear how many builders like to become their dealers in North America :)

And they have no US dealer let because why???

Victorian

And they have no US dealer let because why???

Good question! I met with the owners at the Expo, great people. But I don't think they are in rush....
They also mentioned that a dealer should be carrying inventory in North America. I can't see us warehousing US$50.000 worth of products that may or may not sell...

TernOverland

Supporting Sponsor Ternoverland.com
Apologies, for some reason my computer wasn't pulling up Tern Overland so I thought they were out of business. Revised post above.

Rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated :cool:. We are doing very well thank you! We just moved into a new facility, doubling our square footage. Our windows are similar to items sold in Australia, but are not the same. Our windows are built to our specifications, which are very demanding. Some parts interchange, and some do not. We also do not warranty the Australian windows. We offer unmatched support for our products here in North America

Recce01

Adventurer
I have a few questions about the Eurovision windows. Is there any way to get them in clear? And, has anyone figured out how to open them more than 60 degrees? Thanks all!

Victorian

I have a few questions about the Eurovision windows. Is there any way to get them in clear? And, has anyone figured out how to open them more than 60 degrees? Thanks all!

A clear option is not available. The opening angles are pre set and other than removing the truts, can not be changed. To be honest with you, I wouldn't recommend that anyway... The windows are designed to NOT act like a sail when the wind picks up. Hence the 60 degree... If you would open them more, the wind would get a hold of it easier and seriously damage the window. In other words, they are very well build and designed with a lot of thought.

Recce01

Adventurer
A clear option is not available. The opening angles are pre set and other than removing the truts, can not be changed. To be honest with you, I wouldn't recommend that anyway... The windows are designed to NOT act like a sail when the wind picks up. Hence the 60 degree... If you would open them more, the wind would get a hold of it easier and seriously damage the window. In other words, they are very well build and designed with a lot of thought.
Thank you Andreas. The wife really liked the windows that opened all the way, with respect to when this should be done (conditions allowing) for viewing purposes. I respect their design, I was just asking because it had been mentioned earlier in this thread.

TernOverland

Supporting Sponsor Ternoverland.com
I'm not aware of any windows that open all the way, except Windoors. They are really just geared toward camper shells. Any window that opens like that will dump water inside if it is ever left open in a rain.

racer3822

Observer
Thanks for the post, I am looking for new windows on my rig and found a couple more suppliers in this thread. Contacted Tern already, crossing my fingers they'll have something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles