Short Refrigerator

I believe the lowest-profile fridge on the market is the one I have, ARB 63QT, which is 17" tall.

You can look into RV-style "drawer" fridges - some are as low as 8-9" tall, but they will generally not hold much.

Thank you. I’ll take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Airmapper

Inactive Member
Have a look here: http://www.indelb.com/products/automotive/travel_box

Some interesting fridge configurations there, some that even slide out with an internal drawer. You may have to settle for something fairly small but with that backbone thing you have very limited cargo space, so I'm betting you are becoming very efficient with it anyway.

That is a manufacturers site, but I think truckfridge.com could probably hook you up with anything Indel B makes.

Have a look here: http://www.indelb.com/products/automotive/travel_box

Some interesting fridge configurations there, some that even slide out with an internal drawer. You may have to settle for something fairly small but with that backbone thing you have very limited cargo space, so I'm betting you are becoming very efficient with it anyway.

That is a manufacturers site, but I think truckfridge.com could probably hook you up with anything Indel B makes.

Thanks. I like it for security. I’ve thought about putting a fridge on top of it, but I’m not sure of a good way to keep it from walking off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drifter_r6

Observer
I have a tonneau cover and bedslide (which ate up 4" of height) from the bed of my truck. I wanted all my gear to fit under the tonneau to protect from the elements, dust and for security. So I was left with 14.5" height. I ended up with two 16QT Engel MT17's (one a freezer, one a fridge). With a total of 32QT capacity its too small for anything more than solo camping. But I also use the fridges for drinks/lunch for work as I'm out in the field all day in AZ. Ice cold beverages saves lives in 115'F heat! :) Fortunately I have a 50QT ARB when I need capacity for the family trips but I lose the protection aspect of it. Below were my findings when I was searching for the short fridge.

fridge.jpg

I have a tonneau cover and bedslide (which ate up 4" of height) from the bed of my truck. I wanted all my gear to fit under the tonneau to protect from the elements, dust and for security. So I was left with 14.5" height. I ended up with two 16QT Engel MT17's (one a freezer, one a fridge). With a total of 32QT capacity its too small for anything more than solo camping. But I also use the fridges for drinks/lunch for work as I'm out in the field all day in AZ. Ice cold beverages saves lives in 115'F heat! :) Fortunately I have a 50QT ARB when I need capacity for the family trips but I lose the protection aspect of it. Below were my findings when I was searching for the short fridge.

View attachment 442872

Thanks for the info. This is my best lead so far. 14.5” https://www.quadratec.com/p/black-forest-gear/31-quart-fridge-freezer

reaper229

so,whats you end'up to buy?I have to same problem with my set-up i need a small fridge to fit there and the only one i found is the black forest gears fridge.

Funny you should ask. I bought the ARB 37 and am very happy with it. I just used it on Saturday to transport some ice cream. I strapped it in top of my Jeep Backbone. Not a perfect solution, but manageable.

Anyway, last night I was checking out the clearance items on Quadratec’s site and found the Black Forest Fridge for $199. So I bought it. I now have a dedicated Jeep Fridge and one for when we take the camper. https://www.quadratec.com/p/black-forest-gear/31-quart-fridge-freezer

reaper229

Yeah i saw it and ordered it but they emailed me saying my order was cancelled...no more in stock and they will not have more.After that i finnaly received an email from Black forest gear about my question on how many amp it draw and they said its about 5AMP draw wich is awful in opinion.Ill look for the arb37 or Dometic 40.
Funny you should ask. I bought the ARB 37 and am very happy with it. I just used it on Saturday to transport some ice cream. I strapped it in top of my Jeep Backbone. Not a perfect solution, but manageable.

Anyway, last night I was checking out the clearance items on Quadratec’s site and found the Black Forest Fridge for $199. So I bought it. I now have a dedicated Jeep Fridge and one for when we take the camper. https://www.quadratec.com/p/black-forest-gear/31-quart-fridge-freezer

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

I got it yesterday. Definitely not the build quality of the others. Ok with $199. No way for much more.

Florida Native

I got it yesterday. Definitely not the build quality of the others. Ok with $199. No way for much more.

Been using it much? How's it holding up? Looks like a re-labeled Dometic and a steal at that price.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have been very pleased with it. Another forum member pointed out that it is a rebranded Indel B.

I’ve been busy building a slide. Just have to pick up a couple pieces of aluminum to finish mounting it to the floor.

a51e2429ea10b07c00a6ec6e2756c1da.jpg
f7981a6e0bc13accd2f7f1f0f7b77210.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles