Folding table ideas

salstoy

Recently I got it in my head that I need to make a folding drop-down table for my Tacoma. I like something similar to the Smitty built table that they make for jeep tailgates. My questions are has anyone developed their own fold-down table for their pick up truck and if so where and how did you mount it. I’m open to any ideas. Just looking for something simple that I can put a stove on. And if this is not the right place for this topic I apologize

Cletus26

Adventurer
Recently I got it in my head that I need to make a folding drop-down table for my Tacoma. I like something similar to the Smitty built table that they make for jeep tailgates. My questions are has anyone developed their own fold-down table for their pick up truck and if so where and how did you mount it. I’m open to any ideas. Just looking for something simple that I can put a stove on. And if this is not the right place for this topic I apologize

I’m building one on a swing out on my Tundra. Should be done next week and I’ll post it

Cletus26

Adventurer
a8db11436d8b0ad86e4620d2e204342e.jpg
f9c21fdfc95eb22f65e55b81103bbecf.jpg
ccc69dc96de3d0c4049ac1ad406b4a7b.jpg

Here’s mine. Still have aircraft cable (1/16”) to instal on both sides to support it

slowtwitch

Adventurer
I made one recently but used folding shelf brackets.. hinge and support in one, so no wire, and you can put something bigger than the table on it.

Rivers2run

Observer
I went a different way and made a hanging table. I like it because it is extremely stable, can be leveled easily if you use staps, and can be set to nearly any height. Mine stores super nicely in my Habitat, the walls have rug material which sticks to Velcro extremely well. I put 2 strips of industrial Velcro and it stays firmly in place.

Attachments

• IMG_20180417_114314.jpg
    IMG_20180417_114314.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 269
  • IMG_20180417_114531.jpg
    IMG_20180417_114531.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 286
  • MVIMG_20180417_114551-03.jpeg
    MVIMG_20180417_114551-03.jpeg
    786.6 KB · Views: 263

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I love the hanging idea. I've been thinking about how to make something that attaches to the Gobi rack on my Jeep, and a hanging bracket would be easy! Plus supporting it with nylon web and a ladder lock will allow instant adjustability to level, and I can hang a lantern from the upper support pole.

NevetsG

I went a different way and made a hanging table. I like it because it is extremely stable, can be leveled easily if you use staps, and can be set to nearly any height. Mine stores super nicely in my Habitat, the walls have rug material which sticks to Velcro extremely well. I put 2 strips of industrial Velcro and it stays firmly in place.

Holy crap, what a great idea. I love simple solutions.

salstoy

Love everyones ideas and love making stuff. So I came up with this table. Sorry pics aren't the best. The table leg and towel holder holds away nicely for easy storage. I used riv-nuts in my tailgate to attach the table to with thumb screws. When the screws are not in use, I added 2 riv-nuts to the body of the table to store them. Wanted everything self contained. Next I will attach a light and maybe utensil holder to the upright pole.

Attachments

• IMG_2360.jpg
    IMG_2360.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2361.jpg
    IMG_2361.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 201

salstoy

Does your tailgate mounted table have ability to compensate for uneven ground?
Krick the leg it’s perched on is like one of the those expanding paint poles so yes! If I don’t tighten the thumb screws too tight I can then adjust the leg to what ever height I want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles