Lets see some full size pictures...

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
Picked up a new wagon/tow rig for the wife yesterday. I was looking for something newer but this gem popped up locally and we didn't waste any time snatching it up. I don't like payments or big depreciation hits so this makes me happy.

2005 Chevy Suburban 2500 4X4 with the 6.0 Vortec. 2 owners from the same family, both 50+ since it was special ordered. 97K actual miles. LT package with full leather. Full service records. The factory wheels were oxidized or some such, so they bought new ones when they replaced the tires 3K miles ago. Now the wife can easily tow her 2-horse trailer, and she can also use the 3-horse slant when the need arises. We'll pay a little penalty at the gas pump but it's worth it for the utility.

42glXR1.jpg

rayra

Expedition Leader
That is indeed a nice find.

I've been working on all our vehicles the last couple weeks, maintenance, some small repairs and prepping the '05 Tahoe for sale. It's been a good run, about to hit 200k mi on it and overall in very good shape. Only driven to work every weekday by a little old lady ;) Odometer / engine hour meter = 54.5mph average
She decided it was time for something new with better mpg and we scored an outrageous deal on a dealer loaner Equinox with only 200mi on it at a used vehicle price but with new vehicle warranty. The dealer basically ate all the depreciation. And thus ends my fiendishly clever plan to simultaneously own two GMT800 SUVs

pig%20iron.jpg

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
@rayra I forgot to mention that the mileage to hours on this one calculate at 56 mph which I was happy about. Sounds like a good deal on the Equinox; that will definitely ease the fuel bill!

Exeter

Hey all. Just starting my build. 2015 RAM 1500 Laramie, V8 Hemi. Currently sits stock and needs a name / call-sign. Have Icon Stage 2 and Icon Upper Control Arms on the way as the first modification followed by wheels and tires and removal of the steps. Currently torn between the 18" AEV Mesa wheel and the 18" Fuel Vapor wheel and will likely run a 33" or 34" tire. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on the wheel?

Also curious if anyone has any thoughts on the AEV 4" lift kit versus the Icon Stage 2. It is a daily driver, about 25,000 miles per year, so want to keep on road comfort and MPG as much as possible! Looking to keep tire size reasonable and don't want 37's.

uNMf90F.jpg

Last edited:

dave1014

Adventurer
Hey all. Just starting my build. 2015 RAM 1500 Laramie, V8 Hemi. Currently sits stock and needs a name / call-sign. Have Icon Stage 2 and Icon Upper Control Arms on the way as the first modification followed by wheels and tires and removal of the steps. Currently torn between the 18" AEV Mesa wheel and the 18" Fuel Vapor wheel and will likely run a 33" or 34" tire. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on the wheel?

Also curious if anyone has any thoughts on the AEV 4" lift kit versus the Icon Stage 2. It is a daily driver, about 25,000 miles per year, so want to keep on road comfort and MPG as much as possible! Looking to keep tire size reasonable and don't want 37's.

uNMf90F.jpg
The shocks with the Icon system are better. But you gain an additional inch of lift with the AEV. Plus skidplate

Seabass

Idiot
SWEET 96! That's my kind of ride!
Thanks Seabass. This was my '93 before this one (same Softopper):
View attachment 468510
I guess I like these trucks...

I've been driving OBS Fords since before they were called OBS....i suppose they were NBS? You can still find good ones. But it's getting a little harder to find the really nice ones. Although I'm beginning to see them for sale that are completely gone through and made like new again. That's super cool.....despite the high price that accompanies. But they were solid and dependable trucks. Those of us that drive them have a list of reasons why. My wife drives a super duty...I really like it. But it's no OBS. Here's my 97's.
52bd5f60dccdc8bb03ef35e1c7e25d1b.jpg
4e8b798fcef6a9632a56cef90de4bf31.jpg

Explorerinil

Observer
I've been driving OBS Fords since before they were called OBS....i suppose they were NBS? You can still find good ones. But it's getting a little harder to find the really nice ones. Although I'm beginning to see them for sale that are completely gone through and made like new again. That's super cool.....despite the high price that accompanies. But they were solid and dependable trucks. Those of us that drive them have a list of reasons why. My wife drives a super duty...I really like it. But it's no OBS. Here's my 97's.
In 1999 I got a chance to buy that same truck in all black but it was a 96 for 10k... being 20 with no credit at the time I couldn’t get a loan... I’m wishing things would have worked out differently

Seabass

Idiot
In 1999 I got a chance to buy that same truck in all black but it was a 96 for 10k... being 20 with no credit at the time I couldn’t get a loan... I’m wishing things would have worked out differently

Well, Dang! It's almost 2019- and it ain't too late to get in on one!!!! Get your hustle on and join the club!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles