Anti-condensation mat?

Motobilt

It really depends on where you camp the most. I live in the southeast were humidity is pretty high, so it's for sure worth getting. It also depends on how often you camp too and if you have the ability to air out your tent after every trip.

jadmt

ignore button user
mine is always damp after 2 days. Seems odd as does not even have to be cold out. Just got back from spending 7 nights in mine and temps were mid 50's at night and the rest of the tent was dry inside. Mine gets damp where it folds in half. oh and we aint peeing the bed lol.

kdeleon

Observer
mine is always damp after 2 days. Seems odd as does not even have to be cold out. Just got back from spending 7 nights in mine and temps were mid 50's at night and the rest of the tent was dry inside. Mine gets damp where it folds in half. oh and we aint peeing the bed lol.

This is same experience I have. But I can't say we don't pee the bed, i got kids and the last trip we had an accident which means we had to hit laundry in the middle of our CO trip :).

I have a Ryobi fan which i use to dry underneath, but only if we have time so I don't really OCD on it. As long as I can air it out the last day of our trip, or whenever it's warm once we get home. It hasn't been an issue so i'll just keep what I am doing.

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Worth the money? Reasoning?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
How common is mold under the mattress?

I just cant see spending almost $200

As has been explained, you may experience moisture under your mattress and you may not, depending on your use. So use your RTT and check under the mattress in the a.m. every morning for moisture. If your seeing the dampness, then you should probably invest in a mat.

thebmrust

This might not help but...

In a past thread (within the last 6-12 months) IIRC, a member mentioned a product that was woven plastic sheets and available at his home improvement stores. It is something that was reported to be used for stucco construction. It’s not the expanded aluminum sheets, but more of a spun thread plastic matting thst is attached to walls. I’ve seen something similar in garden centers, but not the sheets or the size that was mentioned.

Unfortunately I don’t remember if a name, specific store, or geographic region was mentioned. Our areas of Washington does not seem to carry a product like that in either of the big box home improvement stores.

thebmrust

Did a quick search and randomly came across two terms:
“Rainscreen drainage mat”
“Erosion control” (mat)

Lionix1

I looked that up, just didnt think it was going to be firm enough. I did find anti-condensation matting for boats that you can cut to size. Looking into that now.

Lionix1

Thats actually really nice price. Notice the picture with all the shingles? Talk about sketchy!

The Tepui matt is $168 shipped. Was trying to keep it under $100 if possible. But might have to just bite the bullet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles