How do I work the built in light in a CVT Summit Series

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
I just picked up a lightly used CVT Mt. Shasta Summit, and it has the build in LED light/USB ports. I have no idea how this works, and the user manual simply says to hold the button until it turns on.

The tent is currently in the bed of my pickup until I can get my rack b uild, so I cant open it and mess around.

How does this thing work, and what do the USB ports offer?

Does it have a built in battery that you remove and recharge? Do you need to plug in an external battery pack to one of the USB ports? Does it get wired in to a battery/power source on your truck or trailer?

Its weird, I cant find any info on it!

tjalward

Observer
there is a plug on the backside of the pole, for a wire to run out of the tent and into a 12v source. The cable/wire should have come with the tent. You could do a battery pack, but meant to plug into the vehicle. Then the USB ports work like normal, and the light does too. hold the button in and the light will dim. On full brightness, it is BRIGHT.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
there is a plug on the backside of the pole, for a wire to run out of the tent and into a 12v source. The cable/wire should have come with the tent. You could do a battery pack, but meant to plug into the vehicle. Then the USB ports work like normal, and the light does too. hold the button in and the light will dim. On full brightness, it is BRIGHT.

Awesome, thank you! Good to know good to know. I cannot seem to find the cable, but I havent looked super duper hard.

Scoutman

Explorer
You said you got it lightly used so there's a possibility that someone forgot to give you or include the cable. In a new tent it's in an ESD bag with the hardware.

Like tjalward mentioned the plug will be in the back side of the center pole, probably on the right end as you enter the ladder (or it is on my Mt. Denali). Call up CVT and chances are they'll send one your way. If not, I think I have a spare.

One button push turns on, another push turns off. Once it's on, push and hold till the desired brightness is achieved. I have not seen an amperage published for the USB ports and I'm not sure CVT knows either. I plug in my devices at bedtime and they're charged by morning so that's all I ask.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
You said you got it lightly used so there's a possibility that someone forgot to give you or include the cable. In a new tent it's in an ESD bag with the hardware.

Like tjalward mentioned the plug will be in the back side of the center pole, probably on the right end as you enter the ladder (or it is on my Mt. Denali). Call up CVT and chances are they'll send one your way. If not, I think I have a spare.

One button push turns on, another push turns off. Once it's on, push and hold till the desired brightness is achieved. I have not seen an amperage published for the USB ports and I'm not sure CVT knows either. I plug in my devices at bedtime and they're charged by morning so that's all I ask.

Yeah, CVT has some of the best costumer service out there. They'll definitely be able to help out.

Thanks guys for the advice. I'd really like to get this working because I have some needs/desires for lighting and power in the tent.

I emailed CVT, after some prodding they said they would sell me one. I called them up, and they told me they wont be getting any more summit tents in for a month or two and wont have any extra cords until then, and said "call us back in a month" more or less.

Sooooo, i'm still without power in the tent. If i knew what size or type the plug was, i'd just make my own. Maybe I can find an old power adapter laying around somewhere that I can cut the end off of and make work? I'd like to have light and a fan among other things up there in the tent.

Scoutman

Explorer
Thanks guys for the advice. I'd really like to get this working because I have some needs/desires for lighting and power in the tent.

I emailed CVT, after some prodding they said they would sell me one. I called them up, and they told me they wont be getting any more summit tents in for a month or two and wont have any extra cords until then, and said "call us back in a month" more or less.

Sooooo, i'm still without power in the tent. If i knew what size or type the plug was, i'd just make my own. Maybe I can find an old power adapter laying around somewhere that I can cut the end off of and make work? I'd like to have light and a fan among other things up there in the tent.

Let me see what I've got and I'll get back with you. How much were they wanting for just the cord? Did you confirm the plug is in the pole?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles