Full Size Dodge Thread

Dalko43

Explorer
@Allriverssouth, I can't speak to the quality of the Road Armor stuff. ARB, AEV, and Buckstop all make quality bumpers for these 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. ARB's product is perhaps the standout due to the level of engineering behind it (I believe it's the only one that is rated as air-bag compatible).

There is a good discussion on Ram bumpers at this thread: Ram Bumpers.

Good-looking Ram! This forum has seen a good number of Ram build threads in recent years. It's awesome to see how popular this platform has become. The trend certainly defies the popular logic that all Ram trucks are POS, and that anyone serious about overlanding buys a Ford or Toyota.

Dalko43,

Thanks for the lead on the bumpers. As for the popular logic that Ram doesn't fit the mold, I guess that comes from being new to the forum. In my case, I think ignorance has been bliss. My build has been more mission specific to suit my needs and its worked out incredibly well. I wanted a diesel truck to be a daily driver truck that could pull, yet stocked, equipped, and ready for what ever adventure struck me at the moment. In fact, I was in Morgan City, LA starting off a gulf coast tour when I had a buddy call to tell me he was in Montana wanting me to come. I turned the truck north and was there in a couple of days. The Ram did an incredible job on both the highway and the off the beaten path adventures.

The only big risk I found was the exposure to a big animal strike. Thus the questions about the bumper. I'll be reading more on experienced user advice. Thanks again for the lead.

Thanks Explorernil,

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm trying to figure out how buckstop and Ranchhand make a superior bumper over Road Armor. No doubt they both make great looking bumpers, but looking at the specs, their all made of 3/16 in steel. Is there something I'm missing?

Explorerinil

Observer
Thanks Explorernil,

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm trying to figure out how buckstop and Ranchhand make a superior bumper over Road Armor. No doubt they both make great looking bumpers, but looking at the specs, their all made of 3/16 in steel. Is there something I'm missing?
From my experience road armor bumpers are cheaply built, flimsy and are more for looks. If you want extreme protection and good lucks get a buckstop. I had a ranch hand on one of my old trucks, it was very heavy and extremely heavy duty (schedule 40 drill pipe). I would strongly consider buckstop and arb, AEV is much better than stock but doesn’t offer allot of grill protection.

EMS WJ 2000

Observer
20180720_171941.jpg

Have not posted my truck in awhile, here is a recent picture and what has been done so far.

Goerend all billet 48RE transmission with triple disk torque converter stock stall
Industrial Injection 85% over CP3
ARP 425 Head Studs
Extreme Duty 7/16” Chromoly Push Rods
MaxSpool 105 lbs. Valve Springs
Fass Titanium 150GPH
God Speed Turbo 67/67/HE351CW (.150 tho map groove, tapered bell with larger exeducer on the comp side)
HT Turbo 3rd Gen Stainless Steel Manifold
Industrial Injection 125hp 35LPM Injectors
AFE Cold Air Intake
ATS Sub Zero Inner Cooler
Anarchy EFI Live Autocal
Edge Insight CTS
Magnaflow 5" Turbo-Back Exhaust
Carli 2.5 King Pin-Top with Full Leafs
Thuren Control Arms
Thuren Track Bar
Thuren Front Axle Truss
Creative Fab Traction Bars
FiberWerx Fenders
Boogie Bump Stops
Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5x17
XD Series Wheels XD137-FMJ 17x9 Black Tint -12mm Offset (4.53” Back Space)

Future mods are:
FiberWerx Bedsides
Front ARB Locker
Rear Grizzly Locker
Winch Front Bumper
Compound Turbos with a S480/96/1.32AR Turbo
Off Road Lights (Bumper, Pillar and Rear Facing Bed Lights)
In Bed Tire Carrier with 5 Gal Fuel Can, 5 Gal Water Can, Tough Box for tools and trail gear.

I know there is more but I cannot think of them at the moment lol.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
2018 Ram 2500 Power Wagon. Thuren 1.5"+ front, Method Vex 17x9's, Toyo RT 37x13.50R17's.

CaEL73y.jpg

JW3QTee.jpg

NMC_EXP

Explorer
Recent acquisition:

'93 W250 Ram, 4WD club cab w/LE package,5.9L Cummins, auto w/OD trans, factory HD suspension w/8510 lb GVW, 4.10 gears w/ rear factory limited slip.

Don't care for the alloy wheels. Am looking for a set of factory steel wheels and hubcaps.

43619253536.483234659.IM1.03.1000x750_A.1000x750.jpg43619253534.483234659.IM1.MAIN.1000x500_A.1000x750.jpg

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
View attachment 465549

Have not posted my truck in awhile, here is a recent picture and what has been done so far.

Goerend all billet 48RE transmission with triple disk torque converter stock stall
Industrial Injection 85% over CP3
ARP 425 Head Studs
Extreme Duty 7/16” Chromoly Push Rods
MaxSpool 105 lbs. Valve Springs
Fass Titanium 150GPH
God Speed Turbo 67/67/HE351CW (.150 tho map groove, tapered bell with larger exeducer on the comp side)
HT Turbo 3rd Gen Stainless Steel Manifold
Industrial Injection 125hp 35LPM Injectors
AFE Cold Air Intake
ATS Sub Zero Inner Cooler
Anarchy EFI Live Autocal
Edge Insight CTS
Magnaflow 5" Turbo-Back Exhaust
Carli 2.5 King Pin-Top with Full Leafs
Thuren Control Arms
Thuren Track Bar
Thuren Front Axle Truss
Creative Fab Traction Bars
FiberWerx Fenders
Boogie Bump Stops
Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5x17
XD Series Wheels XD137-FMJ 17x9 Black Tint -12mm Offset (4.53” Back Space)

Future mods are:
FiberWerx Bedsides
Front ARB Locker
Rear Grizzly Locker
Winch Front Bumper
Compound Turbos with a S480/96/1.32AR Turbo
Off Road Lights (Bumper, Pillar and Rear Facing Bed Lights)
In Bed Tire Carrier with 5 Gal Fuel Can, 5 Gal Water Can, Tough Box for tools and trail gear.

I know there is more but I cannot think of them at the moment lol.
What's not on that truck! Thuren makes a nice bumper for ours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles