Snow Peak Addiction

WestWorld

I'm considering the purchase of a SP Single Action table to double as a partial platform for a truck camper dinette bed. It would have to bear the brunt of the weight of a person, though our friends don't weigh too much. I'd appreciate input from the SP aficionados on the viability of the table as a support for a platform bed. An important thing we learned from our 3-year road trip was to not have things that could only be used in one way or one location.

thanks,

I have the SP Single Action medium table. I would not use it as a partial bed. It doesn't look like it would support the brunt of the weight as you want it to do. The SP website has a PDF manual for the medium that warns against putting infants or small children on the table. I would assume the low table would have the same warnings since it's a similar setup

Umnak

Adventurer
I have the SP Single Action medium table. I would not use it as a partial bed. It doesn't look like it would support the brunt of the weight as you want it to do. The SP website has a PDF manual for the medium that warns against putting infants or small children on the table. I would assume the low table would have the same warnings since it's a similar setup

Thanks for this. I guess I'll make a table out of marine grade plywood and put some legs on it.

Edit: I wonder if the SP manual warning refers to the table being used as such. I would have the two pieces held with supports located on the benches.

what do you think?

Last edited:

WestWorld

Thanks for this. I guess I'll make a table out of marine grade plywood and put some legs on it.

Edit: I wonder if the SP manual warning refers to the table being used as such. I would have the two pieces held with supports located on the benches.

what do you think?

I think if you put supports under the table so that you are not relying on the table's fold out legs to support the weight, then I think that would be fine.

snitz427

Sorry ... newb here. I've been pouring over ideas for a camp kitchen that could fit under my 4Runner's sleep platform, and I've decided on the IGT. Can anyone tell me what the actual height of the IGT and Bamboo Extension is? The website dimensions I've seen vary between .5 - 1", and that half an inch makes a huge difference in how I can configure the storage. Any help/insight is appreciated!

Also - REI only has the IGT4 and very limited IGT related items. Is their exclusive SP deal over? Anyone else stocking them in the states? It looks like Campsaver has a good selection, but not sure they run deals like REI does.

THATSALEXUS?

Adventurer
I can only comment on the bamboo table because it’s all I have in front of me. It’s .6” thick in the center (bamboo) and 1” thick on the ends (spring hooks and leg mounting extrusions)

Riptide

Explorer
Sorry ... newb here. I've been pouring over ideas for a camp kitchen that could fit under my 4Runner's sleep platform, and I've decided on the IGT. Can anyone tell me what the actual height of the IGT and Bamboo Extension is? The website dimensions I've seen vary between .5 - 1", and that half an inch makes a huge difference in how I can configure the storage. Any help/insight is appreciated!

The IGT frame is 1" thick. The bamboo extension table is also 1" thick , when measured at the leg sockets, which is the thickest point.

spikemd

Explorer
I am looking at the IGT for my next build. Either integrate off the large drawer that will hold my fridge or freestanding. I will build in compartments for storage in the rear of the defender 110. I plan on an IGT 4 with single BBQ box or possibly the new gas grill. I find gas easier to deal with but lack of top/windscreen disappointing. I camp in the desert a lot and wind tends to be an issue. I bring my Weber Q1000 on most trips because it grills so well but the lid is essential for heat. Only downside to Weber is size.

I am going back and forth about the pros and cons of 2 Baja burners vs the double burner for my primary stove. Roughly the same price for two burners, 11k vs 12k BTU, 2 spots in the IGT table. Both can stand on their own with the double obviously larger. Input?

motoz

Adventurer
I am looking at the IGT for my next build. Either integrate off the large drawer that will hold my fridge or freestanding. I will build in compartments for storage in the rear of the defender 110. I plan on an IGT 4 with single BBQ box or possibly the new gas grill. I find gas easier to deal with but lack of top/windscreen disappointing. I camp in the desert a lot and wind tends to be an issue. I bring my Weber Q1000 on most trips because it grills so well but the lid is essential for heat. Only downside to Weber is size.

I am going back and forth about the pros and cons of 2 Baja burners vs the double burner for my primary stove. Roughly the same price for two burners, 11k vs 12k BTU, 2 spots in the IGT table. Both can stand on their own with the double obviously larger. Input?

Check out Adventure Curated on IG. They’ve incorporated an IGT into their Landcruiser build. Quite impressive.

60562d4316e8e50818f673473c07a4b0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riptide

Explorer
That's pretty brilliant. The frame and extension can do double duty, fully removed, or partially extracted. I'm so copying that. I've just been fitting my IGT frame on edge, between the cooler and storage box...

Chris Boyd

Explorer
I’ve been contemplating doing the long bamboo integration, since I use it standalone with some holes I created in my tailgate cutting-board cover, but the IGT integration is great too. Today I just have the bamboo slide in vertically next to the fridge. I think I’ll be building something to allow both to slide out, like this. I use the SS boxes for kitchen storage, so it would be nice to have 2U or even 3U slide out to hold the box(s) above my work surface, or fully deploy as table.

Riptide

Explorer

Well, the double burner does have cover that can be used as a windscreen, but I don't think it can be used if the burner is dropped into an IGT frame. SP did/does make a windscreen, but are practically impossible to get. When you see one though, you'll realize that you could make something up pretty easy.

Everybody's situation is different, but I rarely wish for a second burner. For me, one Baja is enough. Plus, the double burner takes two fuel canisters.

spikemd

Explorer
Really like the integration in that setup. I did see that earlier which sparked my interest in a dual purpose system. Definitely nice to drop in one stove for a quick meal rather than pulling out the whole setup. I'm also contemplating attaching one end to my fridge pull-out and then 2 legs for stability on the other end. Its going to take a few rounds of drawings and mull it over.

I will have gullwing storage on the sides for kitchen gear so wont need a drawer in back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles