2018 Ram 3500 Expedition Family Adventure Vehicle

ttengineer

Adventurer
Everything is a compromise nowadays. There are few products out there that aren’t a compromise in some form or fashion. Wether it’s weight, cost, material, features, etc. you’re not going to find many companies that don’t VE (value engineer) in today’s market.

If they didn’t everything would be made out of titanium and carbon fiber nano tubes.

Oilbrnr

Hey King, I just ordered that RAM swing-arm mount, primarily for my iPad, but GPS City had the whole kit avail with the computer tray, which, TBH I would like to take my MBPro with me sometimes too. How sturdy does it seem to be? 17" MBPs are not trivial due to their construction. Thanks for any input. -don-

Kingsize24

Hey King, I just ordered that RAM swing-arm mount, primarily for my iPad, but GPS City had the whole kit avail with the computer tray, which, TBH I would like to take my MBPro with me sometimes too. How sturdy does it seem to be? 17" MBPs are not trivial due to their construction. Thanks for any input. -don-

My wife and I have used is several times now with the laptop and Android pad. It is very stable as long as you tighten the arms properly. It is a little harder for the wife to do, so I usually adjust it for her to her liking, then she can swing it away when not needed. It shakes when offroad some, but everything shakes offroad, on road it is a non-issue. It has been invaluable thus far to us, and I would buy it again.

Jason

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
why do you have your IPF lights mounted so low on the bumper? lookslike a surefire way for them to get ripped off

Kingsize24

FOG lights, and they are 2ft off the ground. They will be just fine. I also have them on a quick release bolt that allows me to pull them if need be in about 30 sec. Here in SE TX bay area, I use them for bay fog WAY more than I will ever have to worry about hanging them on a rock. Nearest Mountain to me is 15hrs. Different locations require different setups.

why do you have your IPF lights mounted so low on the bumper? lookslike a surefire way for them to get ripped off

Oilbrnr

FOG lights, and they are 2ft off the ground. They will be just fine. I also have them on a quick release bolt that allows me to pull them if need be in about 30 sec. Here in SE TX bay area, I use them for bay fog WAY more than I will ever have to worry about hanging them on a rock. Nearest Mountain to me is 15hrs. Different locations require different setups.

So, what you're saying, they're going to rust off before they get ripped off. :)

Got the RAM kit from GPS City today. Too bad the PW is at the dealer. Emissions leak since last Wednesday.

Kingsize24

LOL... I hope not! Don't put that juju on me! :p

Well that sucks! You supposed to get it back this week? Lots of parts in that box isn't there!?!?! ;)

So, what you're saying, they're going to rust off before they get ripped off. :)

Got the RAM kit from GPS City today. Too bad the PW is at the dealer. Emissions leak since last Wednesday.

Oilbrnr

LOL... I hope not! Don't put that juju on me! :p

Well that sucks! You supposed to get it back this week? Lots of parts in that box isn't there!?!?! ;)

Yeah, lots of bags!

Who knows. Putting a new filler neck on the tank, supposedly they got the wrong one which = not the problemo. Meh, Enterprise loaner Charger, no worries. Gutted all the interior bits and pieces on the PW that could walk away. Rear locked. But if that ARB fridge is missing, ******** is going to hit the fan.

Kingsize24

LOL! I understand.

Yeah, lots of bags!

Who knows. Putting a new filler neck on the tank, supposedly they got the wrong one which = not the problemo. Meh, Enterprise loaner Charger, no worries. Gutted all the interior bits and pieces on the PW that could walk away. Rear locked. But if that ARB fridge is missing, **** is going to hit the fan.

Kingsize24

Got a little time off today to do a few things on the 3500. The SDHQ Offroad A-Pillar light mounts went on pretty damn easy. I used a hot knife where some of the plastic covers needed trimming. Then they basically slide right in. The BD XL Pro's look pretty good on them, and there is a quarter inch of clearence between the hood and the lights, even in the forward most hole.

20180807_161242.jpg20180807_161220.jpg20180807_161205.jpg20180807_161156.jpg20180807_155410.jpg

I also took the time to install the S-Pod, the S-Pod touch screen controller, and all the associated wiring.

20180807_155334.jpg20171003_142640.jpg20171003_142339.jpg20180807_161047.jpg20180807_161113.jpg

That was as far as I could get today. I'm still in the process of wiring everything, and trying to decide on a final location for the ARB tank, distribution block for the lockers, and the ARB Twin compressor. Packaging this under the hood where I want it is proving to be a challenge.

Jason

Kingsize24

Looking to hopefully leverage the collective mind power of the people of the interwebz. I'm semi stuck. I would like to find a pigtail with the two pin connector like the one shown in the first pic. I plugs into the factory license plate lamp plug on my truck, (pic two). EXP One in all their wisdom sent me a couple LED lamps that fit in the holes provided in the bumper, (pics three and four), yet do not provide a way for you to plug it in. I would prefer not to cut OE wiring if at all possible, yet I simply can not find this two pin socket. Any help provided would be very much appreciated!

Jason

s-l400.jpg20180808_182620.jpg20180808_174849.jpg
20180808_174857-jpg.465048

Attachments

• 20180808_174857.jpg
    20180808_174857.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 643

Kingsize24

I do know that there is an Android extension program that you can use when you hold the screen for 4 seconds that some are using to override the factory 8.4 radio. That and sPods bluetooth module would allow you to do just that. :cool:

This one!

This is cool. It would be fricking awesome if someone came up with a way to integrate this into the AVIC or 8.4AN instead of having a separate screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior