Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

Boat.man

Builder of Jeep stuff
I'd love to know a bit more about the brackets you are using to keep the ladder in place. Can you share a bit more info an perhaps a close up picture or two? Thanks in advance!!

Sense I am a boat guy I found a quick release for a binimi top. Here is the link. there is a little puck that you bolt to the top and then I attached the quick release assembly to the ladder.

Here is a link to the part

https://greatlakesskipper.com/boat-..._3NwjChAQh2CUjhw0CbaKGqz7S7VAhhhoCpEQQAvD_BwE

I will try to get a couple close up pictures for you when I get a chance. If you look close there are 2 small silver mounts above the rear window.

IMG_4791.JPG

Jay61

Since the talk is on awnings, has anyone figured out how to mount an Alu-Cab Shadow awning on the Ursa Minor?

JARunning

Since the talk is on awnings, has anyone figured out how to mount an Alu-Cab Shadow awning on the Ursa Minor?

Not a shadow, but the updated Rhino Rack BatWing fits and works spectacularly on the standard Ursa Minor brackets
It’s also half the price of the shadow and about 15lbs lighter.

9f7115f968a761c22c9d0f9258ae1eaa.jpg
167243d2cca129d3a9798dfa0c34dbfe.jpg
ad42832893980fb1c1adec295e4a0aeb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Not a shadow, but the updated Rhino Rack BatWing fits and works spectacularly on the standard Ursa Minor brackets

Thanks, that looks awesome.

I have a question that I can't quite answer from your photos - I'm interested in how much of the tailgate is "covered" by the BatWing when it's open.. i.e. if you had a tailgate table for cooking, is it entirely covered by the BatWing, or does the BatWing end kind of at a right angle to the rear?

If it's not too much trouble, a photo showing how far "around" the BatWing goes would be much appreciated! Thanks

-Dan

JARunning

Dan Grec, I believe it comes out past the tailgate due to where the pole is on his next to the last photo.

Indeed, the tailgate is fully covered. I can stand under it with tailgate table open and fridge slide extended and be fully under cover.

More pics coming in a bit...

JARunning

Thanks, that looks awesome.

I have a question that I can't quite answer from your photos - I'm interested in how much of the tailgate is "covered" by the BatWing when it's open.. i.e. if you had a tailgate table for cooking, is it entirely covered by the BatWing, or does the BatWing end kind of at a right angle to the rear?

If it's not too much trouble, a photo showing how far "around" the BatWing goes would be much appreciated! Thanks

-Dan

Having a tough time getting the right angle to show the coverage, but here it goes:

ee8990c6cd3eab0a44d4156e2c04fc97.jpg

5a78fd77c6d99ade59dc5f64f763f810.jpg

97f99e72ac1eddc5ae96da9f5c38cfb8.jpg

3019a33e74a2b612babbe1874822e2ee.jpg

When/if the wind dies down tomorrow I’ll see if I can get an overhead shot that will make the most sense.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Having a tough time getting the right angle to show the coverage, but here it goes:

5a78fd77c6d99ade59dc5f64f763f810.jpg

When/if the wind dies down tomorrow I’ll see if I can get an overhead shot that will make the most sense.

This is great, thanks very much!

It looks like if you had a vertical "wall" section on the right here, it will drop straight down and even the spare tire would be within the enclosed space.

Perfect!

-Dan

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Sense I am a boat guy I found a quick release for a binimi top. Here is the link. there is a little puck that you bolt to the top and then I attached the quick release assembly to the ladder.

https://greatlakesskipper.com/boat-..._3NwjChAQh2CUjhw0CbaKGqz7S7VAhhhoCpEQQAvD_BwE

I will try to get a couple close up pictures for you when I get a chance. If you look close there are 2 small silver mounts above the rear window.

View attachment 463207

Nice! That was a great idea...

JARunning

Do you think two people and a dog can fit in a j30?

me 6'4
her 5'2
dog - 70lb husky lab

If your dog is less antsy and wiggly than mine, maybe. But it will be a super tight fit.
I'm 6'1, with 5'7 wife and there is really only a bit of extra space at our feet. It's really not wide enough for 3 across

Our 60lb rottweiler mix sleeps downstairs on the backseat. I wouldn't want to heave a dog that big up top anyway, and the hop down would be a bit much for them.

rustypayne

Do you by chance have a link for those little "pucks"? I'm looking at the quick release mounts but not being a boat guy don't really understand how they work.

Boat.man

Builder of Jeep stuff
Do you by chance have a link for those little "pucks"? I'm looking at the quick release mounts but not being a boat guy don't really understand how they work.

When I ordered them they came as set, They don't show both pieces in the pictures but thats what I got. I needed the hardware to bolt it to the top and ladder but that was no big deal to get! I will try to get some pictures tomorrow!

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Do you think two people and a dog can fit in a j30?

me 6'4
her 5'2
dog - 70lb husky lab

Dog makes it very, very cozy, downright awkward for a 3AM toilet break. I would look at the dog sleeping downstairs. I mean it has a place where it hangs out when you are driving anyway?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles