Alternative Solar Panel Installation on Hardshell RTTs?

JCDriller

Adventurer
I don’t understand your adversion to VHB. It’s not hard to remove, a piano wire slipped between the panel and the RTT will cut right through the vhb and not harm either piece. Also, WD-40 does a great job breaking down the adhesives to easy clean up/removal. I’d use VHB on the boarder with it right up to the edge and a couple long strips down the middle. Removal and clean up would likely take 30 min if really taking time and making sure not to scratch anything.

erstwild

Vhb won't harm gel coat. Removal is not hard with modest heat and plastic scraper. Cleanup with adhesive remover.
I don’t understand your adversion to VHB. It’s not hard to remove, a piano wire slipped between the panel and the RTT will cut right through the vhb and not harm either piece. Also, WD-40 does a great job breaking down the adhesives to easy clean up/removal. I’d use VHB on the boarder with it right up to the edge and a couple long strips down the middle. Removal and clean up would likely take 30 min if really taking time and making sure not to scratch anything.

Thanks guys. I had always heard VHB was really difficult to remove without damage but that sounds reasonable enough to me. I'll take that approach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles