Drove a JKU and JLU back to back yesterday...JK is still better.

autism family travels

I drove a JKU and JLU back to back yesterday while the patriot was in getting tire reprogramming. In my opinion the JKU rides better, is quieter, and just an overall better vehicle than the JL. I was dazzled by the electronic gadgetry in the JL and one thing that is awesome is the 4WD auto option. However, There is just too much going on in the interior for my liking. I found the JL rode and handle not quite as well as the JK, and the JK interior was quieter (very suprising). I dunno. Putting my butt back into the drivers seat of the JK was like putting on a favorite worn in shoe, where as the JL was a new, stiff, plastic shoe with no give.

Just me.

jfaz

I haven't got a chance to drive the New JL, but I have looked at them at the Dealership. I actually like the JK Dash better, but I love the Look of JL Rubicon, I could almost drive that off the lot and be happy without a single modification.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
After tire pressure correction, my JL RUBY 2dr, is so much an improvement--

The ride is so much better than my '08 JKUR and the new SOFTTOP is a world better than the past-

The new 6spd manual is like a BAJA 1000 race tranny-smooth, short throw/w Reverse right next to 1st gear-

It's quite an improvement over the JK !

W.E.

JIMBO

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
I drove a JKU and JLU back to back yesterday while the patriot was in getting tire reprogramming. In my opinion the JKU rides better, is quieter, and just an overall better vehicle than the JL. I was dazzled by the electronic gadgetry in the JL and one thing that is awesome is the 4WD auto option. However, There is just too much going on in the interior for my liking. I found the JL rode and handle not quite as well as the JK, and the JK interior was quieter (very suprising). I dunno. Putting my butt back into the drivers seat of the JK was like putting on a favorite worn in shoe, where as the JL was a new, stiff, plastic shoe with no give.

Just me.

But all the hype. JL has to be better. ???
I've heard the same thing from others.

jadmt

ignore button user
After tire pressure correction, my JL RUBY 2dr, is so much an improvement--

The ride is so much better than my '08 JKUR and the new SOFTTOP is a world better than the past-

The new 6spd manual is like a BAJA 1000 race tranny-smooth, short throw/w Reverse right next to 1st gear-

It's quite an improvement over the JK !

W.E.

JIMBO

I would sure hope a 10 year newer vehicle would be an improvement and ride better.

having owned a jku rubicon for 10 years and 175,000 and test drove the JKU recon many many times iwas this close to buying a 2017 jku recon and having test drove various late model rubicon jkus. I was shopping for my next jeep. I now own a JLU and it is much better than the Jku it isn't even funny. That being said I loved my JKU but the JLU is better . I know I shopped the hell out of the jku.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
I haven't got a chance to drive the New JL, but I have looked at them at the Dealership. I actually like the JK Dash better, but I love the Look of JL Rubicon, I could almost drive that off the lot and be happy without a single modification.

Bet ya couldn't.

autism family travels

Sounds a lot like what TJ owners said when the JK came out.

I agree, but driving them back to back, within 2 min of each other, those were my observations. The new interior while full of trickery, is not as well, JEEP'Y, as the JK. It's totally geared towards the soccer mom jeep buyers. The difference with the TJ owners were saying the JK was "not a real Jeep", and crap off road etc. I never said anything of the sort. I said, its not as nice to drive, and showed some short comings of the overall package. I also mentioned some positives lilke the auto 4wd. A great feature for us in the snowbelt.

YUP, or the JK 2dr owners, when the 4dr came out--

W.E.

JIMBO

i own a 2 door JK, and a buddy at work has a 4 door JK. i took his to the store the other day cuz i rode my motorcycle to work, and his 4 door feels like a truck compared to my 2 door. but, i have 4.10's, he's got 3.73's it was a big difference in feel. way more noticeable than id thought. i used to have a 4 door, but it was near 10 years ago. don't remember much of its characteristics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles