Jeep Radio Cuts Off

Chingon

Wracking my brain trying to figure this one out. Will reboot if I reset the computer but only good until I cut the engine off. Thinking a security feature is interfering with the power. Had to change out the battery in the fob. Any ideas? 2008 JKU with 62,000 miles.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Anyone else?
You've got thousands of JK owners on Wranglerforum and only a few here ----- better odds of finding an answer in a larger sampling.

I've had two JKs, a 2008 and a 2014. My '14 has had the radio replaced under warranty but it wasn't doing weird things like yours.
I do have an electrical gremlin, have had it in for over a month at the dealership for warranty. They replaced the front window switches, the rear window switches, and the TIPM. Still there.
So I got out my multimeter and isolated it to the driver's rear window actuator. Will bring it in for a new one soon.

When I troubleshoot I try to find a middle area, break the circuit, and try to figure out which direction the problem is coming from. With a radio quirk it's harder to do....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles