Any info of this Tacoma hardshell camper set-up?

penangtoy

Adventurer
Hi
Does anyone who built this set up? Would like to get some info if anyone or even if the owner belongs to this forum. Appreciate any info on this build. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCF5921-1500x1000.jpg
    DSCF5921-1500x1000.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCF6158-1500x1000.jpg
    DSCF6158-1500x1000.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 198
D

Deleted member 144299

I was wondering the same thing when I read that article. I've been dreaming of building something similar for the past couple years.

dman93

Adventurer
The Drifter is also made in the US, as is the new AT pop-up. It’s great to see domestic competition for what had been a Euro/Australia/SouthAfrican thing.

robert

Expedition Leader
It's interesting to me how may people seem to have bought a Flippac and then moved on from it.

Clutch

<---Pass
It's interesting to me how may people seem to have bought a Flippac and then moved on from it.

There weren't very many options for years and years until recently.

Flip Pac was a great idea, just executed poorly. AT pretty much took care of all its' flaws...albeit for roughly double the price. Don't really care that it flips to the rear, though. If I had one, wouldn't of been able to use it last weekend. My buddy picked this awfully tight hole of a camp spot...would of hit my trailer deployed..as there was no room to jack-knife or even unhook it.

Last edited:

screwball48

Explorer
It could be said that the shortcomings of the Flip pack design helped to foster the current increase in options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles