2007 Jumping Jack Build

dnellans

Adventurer
$649?!? DAYUM. Thats a Big Boy price to go with 'em! They sure do look nice however - 19 inches wide should help a lot with stability

trint99

Yes, painful price. But never sweating the ride up is worth a lot (I found out after my jerry-rigged ramps failed).

trint99

Big camping trip this weekend. The JJ was amazing.

Because we got the 8 ft tent with the 12 ft trailer, we have a "porch" which hauls almost all our camping gear and gives us a great place to get stuff out of the rain without bringing it inside!

Hauling the RZR 800 on the the JJ South Fork Swan River was a breeze. I'm really amazed at the stuff you can pull this trailer over without it dragging or getting tippy. All thumbs up!

You'll notice I brought along my garage jack stands. With my hi-lift, I was able to place these to keep the trailer level. Worked pretty good, but the whole thing still jiggles when one of us moves around in our bunk. I think jacking the front two corners would eliminate that.

Attachments

• 20180621_JJPorchPacked.jpg
    20180621_JJPorchPacked.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 120
  • 20180621_JJLoaded_03a.jpg
    20180621_JJLoaded_03a.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 117
  • 20180622_CampSite1.jpg
    20180622_CampSite1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 113
  • 20180622_JJCamp1.jpg
    20180622_JJCamp1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 108
  • 20180623_BearTombstoneHill2.jpg
    20180623_BearTombstoneHill2.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 105

dnellans

Adventurer
Nice! having the porch with an awning looks awesome as long as you don't mind the bigger trailer. Having that extra wing space is like 2 build in tables and convenient for strippling out of dirty clothes etc. are you putting any significant tension on the jack up front? I've found that the more weight i can take off the suspension (in general) the more stable the trailer is, but you never get rid of all the shake when you're sleeping outside the wheelbase.

Does your model have a build in jack under the middle of the rear you can put down? You might have better luck using that plus 2 jackstands at opposite corners to give each side a little support (other than buyinging 2 more jackstands).

trint99

Having that extra wing space is like 2 build in tables and convenient for strippling out of dirty clothes etc.

Exactly.

are you putting any significant tension on the jack up front? I've found that the more weight i can take off the suspension (in general) the more stable the trailer is, but you never get rid of all the shake when you're sleeping outside the wheelbase.

Does your model have a build in jack under the middle of the rear you can put down? You might have better luck using that plus 2 jackstands at opposite corners to give each side a little support (other than buyinging 2 more jackstands).

It does have the rear "foot" but it seems really flimsy and I didn't figure center-line support would help much. But... I might try the stock rear foot with the jack stands in front. The stock foot probably has less play than the tongue jack, which does have a lot.

(Actually, I've been looking for a reason to have 4 jack stands in my garage anyway. ;) )

Xodius

Adventurer
That extra space is VERY nice! Getting ready to take mine up to Utah to harass buddy of mine. I have to drop off my son early, to his mom's, and have time that I wasn't planning so off my GF and I go. Packing up trailer in-between some online searches. 109 heat is a bit much in garage, lol.
On a side not, what is that metal cone on the porch? Is that some type of...grill?

trint99

Second time taking out the JJ. Our "leveling" system needs work. Oh, we got it level alright, but it took 45 minutes and darn thing kept rolling every time I lifted one corner. I finally gave up on the idea of having all four corners sitting on jack stands. Just couldn't get it to stay put. Ended up about 4 feet away from our original spot.

Attachments

• 20180629_JJJacked.jpg
    20180629_JJJacked.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 59

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
Second time taking out the JJ. Our "leveling" system needs work. Oh, we got it level alright, but it took 45 minutes and darn thing kept rolling every time I lifted one corner. I finally gave up on the idea of having all four corners sitting on jack stands. Just couldn't get it to stay put. Ended up about 4 feet away from our original spot.

I welded two more jacks on the back corners. Yes, it is a tripod using the front jack but it is very fast to level.

jonnyquest

Adventurer
I welded two more jacks on the back corners. Yes, it is a tripod using the front jack but it is very fast to level.
Do you still have your Jumping Jack? If so, are you going to keep it? I'm really interested in these. It seems like a good light weight shelter solutions. I'd like to hear more from owners on their experience with these.

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
Do you still have your Jumping Jack? If so, are you going to keep it? I'm really interested in these. It seems like a good light weight shelter solutions. I'd like to hear more from owners on their experience with these.

Funny you should ask. I have been planning to sell it for three months now. The problem is that we’ve been on vacation most of the time.

Xodius

Adventurer

Scissor jacks or levelers?

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
Levelers. I store them on the back.

Attachments

• BD72CCD4-3A8A-44A4-A78E-53400A6F0FB2.jpeg
    BD72CCD4-3A8A-44A4-A78E-53400A6F0FB2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 75

Parb

Daydreaming
Funny you should ask. I have been planning to sell it for three months now. The problem is that we’ve been on vacation most of the time.

Ive been looking at the jumping jacks for a couple of weeks. They look like a great solution for off road camping with an ATV. Why are you selling yours? Not happy with it?
I saw the bigger dual axle JJ, it seems really nice but I wonder if it's too big to go off-road with. Any thoughts on that from anyone? I like the electric brake on the bigger JJ, especially with two big ATVs on top.

Off-road for me is driving forest service roads with the occasional narrow section with twistbacks.and going out into back roads in the Nevada/Idaho corner

I'd love to do a portion of the Transamerica trail with a JJ, I just don't know if that is possible.
Right now I use a GMC K2500 suburban I got cheap as my camper and tow vehicle. I would much prefer something I can be upright in...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles