SOLD

tacogrande

This 1991 FJ80 is like a member of the family and I am reluctantly putting her up for sale. I drive it once a week to work to keep the fluids moving, other than that it mostly just sits. I would hop in it right now and drive to Alaska without concern. It has had all of the weak spots repaired, mostly last winter. 182,000 miles. I'll try to remember the list...

Rebuilt front axle with new seals and piston in Air Locker, new Longfield axles and birfields, new bearings, brake disks, and pads, and Toyota selectable hubs. New Dobinson coil springs and shocks. New radiator. New water pump. New oil pan, side cover, timing cover, and valve cover gasket. Also adjusted valves. New radiator hoses and belts (also comes with a full set of spare belts) New O2 sensors. New LED headlights with LED fog/offroad lights. New steering damper. New window switch and motors in all doors along with new rubber. All fluids changed to Mobil 1 full synthetic where applicable. Everything works with no leaks, even the sunroof!

The only issue I can think of: The blower fan for the heater blows the hardest on #2 setting instead of #4 (HI). I think it's a relay. The steering column cover is missing. It rattled on washboard roads, so I took it off and promptly lost it. The rear drum brakes are due for a service soonish, but will still lock up the tires if you mash the fat pedal. Mechanically this thing is solid. Cosmetically it is scratched and scraped, dinged and nicked, worn and faded, but you also don't have to be concerned with any of that because you will be plowing through bushes, pushing snow hood deep, and exploring lost trails....right?

Wax on by Elmer Fudd

1991 FJ80 by Elmer Fudd, on Flickr

I know, I know, it needs washed. Just wanted to show an honest view of what it normally looks like.

Last edited:

tacogrande

Nice well used Cruiser. GLWS!!!

Thanks. I forgot to mention I just had the A/C recharged and it works better than in my brand new truck. Seriously, ice cream headache cold compared to a new vehicle. They really don't build them like this anymore.

tacogrande

I washed and waxed it today, cleaned windows, and the wifey vacuumed out the inside. I also remembered I put a new power steering pump and pressure hose in and also new mirrors. The paint isn't perfect. There are some rock chips on the nose of the hood, normal brush scratches and dings, etc. From ten feet away it looks great though. Just don't want to misrepresent it in any way.

Wax on by Elmer Fudd

Wax on by Elmer Fudd

Wax on by Elmer Fudd

Still shiny underneath all that dirt! I'll get some better pics out in the sunlight tomorrow.

Wax on by Elmer Fudd, on Flickr

Last edited:

tacogrande

This is an older video when it still had 33" tires on it, but it gives you an idea of the acceleration. That was flat to the floor with a rolling start. You won't win any races, but you can safely merge or pass a truck in a reasonable distance.

This is a walk around from ten minutes ago.

Here is a link to the rest of the photo album for detailed under body shots and whatnot. There are no leaks anymore, however there is some grunge from previous leaks. I like to think of it as rust proofing.

Link to more pics- Elmer Fudd

If you purchase this vehicle you can have the joy of peeling this sticker off! Bonus!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles