New spare tire bag final testing!

MccannUSA

Getting some final testing done on the tire bag. Both the tire bag and the ladder bag use all metal hardware, including racing harness buckles, 1 1/2" ratcheting system as a secondary retention strap. This thing does not move! Fastest, most secure mounting system out there. PVC vinyl fabric, seatbelt webbing, all metal hardware! These things are a beast! 20180702_193623.jpg20180702_193633.jpg20180702_193709.jpg20180702_193827.jpg20180702_194753.jpg20180702_202725.jpg20180702_202735.jpg20180702_202842.jpg

krick3tt

Adventurer
I do like the smaller of the two. would liked to had seen this available before I bought my Trasharoo. Much closer to the style I prefer.
Always good to see new items come to light by innovative designers.
I would like to see it fit the tire as my ladder is above my license plate and that could be a problem. I am guessing that longer straps would solve that issue for me.

blackohio

Observer
Need to make the roll top have velcro sides so you can flap the opening down some. Imagine this on a lifted vehicle. You'll need Manute Bol to put your trash away.

But its a very nice looking piece.

MccannUSA

I do like the smaller of the two. would liked to had seen this available before I bought my Trasharoo. Much closer to the style I prefer.
Always good to see new items come to light by innovative designers.
I would like to see it fit the tire as my ladder is above my license plate and that could be a problem. I am guessing that longer straps would solve that issue for me.
Thank you! Here is the ladder bag on the tire, I made the straps the same length as the ones on the tire bag just for this purpose!20180619_193459.jpg20180625_190716.jpg20180625_190724.jpg

MccannUSA

Need to make the roll top have velcro sides so you can flap the opening down some. Imagine this on a lifted vehicle. You'll need Manute Bol to put your trash away.

But its a very nice looking piece.
Definitely something I thought about but I wanted to stay away from anything on the bags that could/would wear out, so no zippers, plastic buckles, or Velcro. In the picture the roll down flap stands up on it's own but it's pretty easy to scrunch down and get in to. Also on these I know you can use them for trash but I really envision them being used more to haul and protect your gear than anything. You can't see them all in the pics but I have some tabs sewn in that are going to be attachment points for accessory bags like a easy to access trash bag, cargo net, and some storage bags of different sizes and uses. Definitely hard to cover all the bases but I'm going to try to get close! LOL

MccannUSA

Looks very well made and designed, I would like to get one, where did you get it from?
Thank You! They are going to be available from Nomad Adventure Gear soon. You can get updates on facebook from McCann USA or on Instagram at nomad_adventure_gear. They are going to have some great products available!

MccannUSA

I figured, what good is a killer bag without killer accessories? The Nomad Adventure Gear cargo net is just one of those killer accessories that will be available. 20180704_180619.jpg20180704_180625.jpg20180704_182930.jpg20180704_182947.jpg20180704_182957.jpg

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Interesting. Personally, the only thing I carry on the outside of my rig is garbage...and maybe iso bottles. What do you plan to charge for them? I've always felt that the brand I have now is a big too big for my needs.

MccannUSA

Interesting. Personally, the only thing I carry on the outside of my rig is garbage...and maybe iso bottles. What do you plan to charge for them? I've always felt that the brand I have now is a big too big for my needs.
Yeah, the big bags can hold a lot of stuff, too much sometimes. One of the reasons I went with the roll top design and heavier duty straps, buckles, etc is to protect peoples gear so they can feel safe carrying more than trash in the bags, so I think the bigger size will have a use for some people but I will be making both bags more modular so you can expand the carrying capacity when needed and keep it smaller the rest of the time. I may end up with a middle sized bag as well. The price is not set yet because I want to dial in a few more things on the bag like going to an even heavy weight 10k lb load rated webbing on the mounting straps, I won't compromise on the quality to be at a lower price point but I'm hoping to have the bags start at about $140 for the smaller ladder bag and $180 for the larger tire bag. Not to sure on the prices for accessories yet.

Scoutman

Explorer
That looks very well built. I would love to see one of those designed for a tailgate. Perhaps ~18" wide and ~18" tall.

I like the roll top design and the material used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles