Need help understanding the different Transit 4x4 conversions: Quiggley, Sportsmobile, QuadVan

BBEG

Good morning folks. I'm looking to purchase a Transit and have it converted to 4x4. I'm still early into my research but it seems there are three companies that offer these conversions: Quiggley, Sportsmobile, and QuadVan. It also seems that each of these companies does something a little different with their 4x4 system. I am not very familiar with 4x4 systems (owned a Jeep once but never really got into cars enough to learn ins and outs of the 4x4 system); would anyone mind giving me a breakdown on what differentiates 4x4 conversions from Quiggley, Sportsmobile, and QuadVan? Are there other options out there?

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Great question, can we add Whitefeather Conversions and Ujointoffroad? This would make great sticky.

DCGibbs

Observer
As it relates to Transits, Sportsmobile - does not convert them, they purchase the conversion from Quigley. As of today - Quigley still isn't certified by Ford on the 3500 Dually, due to weight restrictions. Quigley installs a 2" lift, and they use a 2 speed Magna Transfer Case. So you only have 4 Low and 4 High. They use Ford's F-series Components for the Front Axle, Hubs, Drive-lines and steering. Roughly 16K out the door.

Ken Kaye from Uni-Van quoted me 29K, to raise a Sprinter with 5" lift, add ARB Front and Fox Shocks, drive axle, custom Drive-lines and Atlas T-Case. I don't know if Whitefeather has done the Transit, they have lots of experience with the Sprinter chassis.
DG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles